"convinced they can win"

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

Pelini: I think they're convinced they can win

Tuesday's press conference is in full gear.

Said Bo Pelini about his team: "I think they’re convinced they can win. Like I said, you just got to do it. You got to make enough plays. There’s enough mistakes in there, enough things that we’re doing to ourselves to allow us to not win.

"Being good at football is about the little things. And winning is not beating yourself, executing, being precise, playing with discipline. And at times we do it, but we’re not consistent enough in a lot of the facets of the game. Otherwise, there’s a good chance we’d be sitting here 5-1, but we’re not because we didn’t execute."

About not creating any turnovers the last three games, he said: "I've always been around places that create a lot of turnovers, so it's something that really jabs at me."

Joe Ganz already spoke. He said his heart sunk on that game-ending interception, but he's trying to move on.

Is he over it?

"A little bit but not really," Ganz said.

Said Pelini: "He’ll bounce back. That guy’s a stud. He’ll be fine."

On the depth chart, not much new except at left tackle where Jaivorio Burkes OR Mike Smith are listed as the starter.

Smith had the job going into the Tech game, but Burkes took all the snaps at left tackle in the second half after back-to-back holding penalties on Smith at the end of the first half.

"Jaivorio played better..." Pelini said. "It's just a matter of having enough discipline, when something breaks down, you can't reach out and grap. That's the bottom line."

Burkes, Williams, Hickman, Slauson and Murtha played all the snaps in the second half on NU's O-line -- no subbing at all. But, as Pelini said, it will be important for depth to be there as this goes forward.

"You need to rotate some, you got to keep guys fresh," Pelini said. "I think if somebody earns playing time they earn playing time. You hope you can have seven, eight guys, you put a guy in there, you don't miss a beat."

And, by far, the Pelini soundbyte of the day: "By the end of the week, you can put me in a rubber room."

He was talking about being driven crazy by lack of execution.

Joe Ganz already spoke. He said his heart sunk on that game-ending interception, but he's trying to move on.

Is he over it?

I hope so.

That's the thing that has me worried most this week: Where will Joe's head be come game time?

I'm fairly confident Bo will have him and the rest of team completely focus... but it's still there in the back of my head.

Is he over it?

I hope so.

That's the thing that has me worried most this week: Where will Joe's head be come game time?

I'm fairly confident Bo will have him and the rest of team completely focus... but it's still there in the back of my head.

Once Saturday arrives and it's game time, I'm sure Ganz will be fine and last week will be behind him.

If we can get the penalties under control and continue to show improvement with the run, we'll be fine.