Chances For a Big XII North title...

Obviously I don't want to get kicked off the board and maybe I did get a little carried away, but I can't believe my post was worthy of a warning! I respect what the MOD's do, but c'mon now I never directed my frustration at a specific member's name. No hard feelings. GBR!!!!!!!!!!

I think we all need to calm down a little bit. :thumbs

I may not have communicated my feelings correctly. If I gave the impressionn that we had no chance, I did not mean that, we always have a chance as long as we play the game. That is the reason for playing the games.

But because someone thinks their team is overpowered does not mean they want them to lose Some think that by saying they are going to win is making them a better fan I guess. And if I truly felt they were going to win I would say it. But to just say we are Nebraska we are going to win does not make sense to me. It never has.

My point was it is easy to say one thing and deep down no it is the opposite. Would any of you bet 1000.00 dollars on Nebraska beating Oklahoma. I know I wouldn't, but I doubt I would bet on Oklahoma either. But if forced to do it I would go with my analisys of who was better, and then I would choose the team to support.

If you approach it that way, not looking through Husker glasses, most on this board would choose Oklahoma. That is the way I do things, I weigh all sides, consider what has happened and what is the norm. That does not make me less than a fan, than someone that says we are going to win every game. You have every right to do it. I just can not follow blindly, I have to question things I think to be untrue or impossible.

Does not mean I won't be cheering for Nebraska either way. I want them to win, but just wanting them to has little affect on the situation.

I am done with this post. I apologize for bringing a touch of reality to this thread.

...Others, not to be mentioned just see us winning agaisnt one of the toughest teams in the country because we beat Iowa State. More so because they want us to. Calling a spade as spade is what I am doing. I do not see the possiblities of it happening. I can list numerous reasons it wouldn't, the opposite side can not list a single reason it would happen other than they want it to...

If I gave the impressionn that we had no chance, I did not mean that, we always have a chance as long as we play the game. That is the reason for playing the games.

So which is it? And I think the negativity that gets to people is the "it's impossible" "there's no way we can beat these guys" "I can't think of a single reason for it to happen" type of attitude. I heard it all winter - we're so far behind MU, KU, CU, we can't possibly compete for 3-4 years, blah, blah, blah.

Thinking we'll lose and thinking it's impossible to win are two different things...