OU vs. NU Memories

holvy83

Man, maybe I should check myself in somewhere for counseling. I'm sitting here posting on the OU vs NU rivalry while my tivo'd NU vs BU game is playing on the big screen :wacko: Anyway my memory is of the 71 game and my dad and I there for the 97 game for TO's 250th win. Fireworks went off and then out of no where a rainbow appears over the NE corner of the stadium. AWESOME!!!!! :worship

My first game was NU/OU in 1993. I remember it was cold as could be, and I had to sit in the OU section. It was me and a friend of mine with a crapload of OU fans. Trev got hurt early in that game as well.

For the record I stormed the field that day.

My first Husker game too and I rushed the field. I remember it being rainy and cold. Marched straight out of the stadium with the goal post and up to O Street. The police not only blocked the traffic for the "mob" - they were cheering right along with everyone. I remember carrying the post right over cars stuck in traffic. People were hanging out of building windows and parking garages cheering. Great first game to attend. I wish I had a hack saw to get a piece of the goal post like a few people did.