Team Slogan

• 2 weeks later...

How about

" lets just not have Texas Tech hang 70 on us this year!!!!"

Now that will get you pumped ........LOL

You know what's gonna suck is the entire week leading up to the game, there going to show highlights of that damn game.

What do think the Huskers will do against Tech this year??

I know what they better do to the Red Raiders this year....

Tech should be made an example out of (along with some other schools) to show the rest of the country we are not playing around and we are still top notch. Time to put the foot on the neck of these wannabees and apply pressure. The Troys, Texas Techs, Kansases and Maines are not supposed to be on the same field as us. Time to seperate.... let the blackshirts loose on these guys and get back to DOMINATION----the essence of Husker Football. This is what the people want to see. It's not the option itself that the fans loved but the feeling that their team can't be stopped. Its all about that swagger--gotta get it back!!!

Turk,

Texas Tech will be on the same field with us for awhile. This is a very good team that has an outside shot at winning the Big 12. They have played Texas, Oklahoma and A&M much closer than we have for quite awhile. This is the Nebraska of the late 70's. Their fans are behind them 100% and money is not a problem. Their facitlies are first rate and they run a very fun offense for the kids. If they are able to get the top kids out of Texas their run is here to stay. Currently they are not competitive with Texas and A&M with instate recruiting. But are narrowing the gap. They will be a tough game for us period. We will have a better idea of where we are after the spring game. I am following them closely this year as they have become my 2nd team. This is a team to be respected, they will bring it everytime we face them trust me.

I will say the same thing I said last year. We could be facing an undefeated team game day. If so that will mean they have already defeated Oklahoma. I think that is very likely. This is a team that will come here with no thoughts of fear or intimidation. They feel they will be the intimidators. As you stated it is domination, and they feel they will be able to do the job. Mind Set, we need to earn it back by play. We have not had it for a long time. Just saying it does not make it so.

This is the Nebraska of the late 70's.

PLEASE, NEVER refer to these guys in the same sentence with us ever again! They don't have any titles in recent years, are not nor never will be as storied as us, and will always be the 3rd team in TX behind UT and A&M. They may win a South title or 2 but they'll never be DOMINANT and FEARED like NU once was and will be once again.

In the late 70's we were not feared by many. Only the 6 dwarfs. But my comment was on their program. It reminds me very much of what was going on with Nebraska then. Strong backing, wanting to win, but not demanding to win. Understanding it takes time to develop into a real power. Willing to spend the money to do so. I have spent two games with them this past year, and it reminded me very much of the early Nebraska years. I do not expect them to develop into Nebraska. I do not expect any team to ever duplicate what Nebraska has done in the last 40 years. But they will be a player that all will have to contend with. Boosters are what makes a program grow. There is a lot of money available to Texas Tech. All it is going to take is for them to knock off Texas a couple of times and the it will be endless. They hate Texas worse than Oklahoma does.

Turk,

Texas Tech will be on the same field with us for awhile. This is a very good team that has an outside shot at winning the Big 12. They have played Texas, Oklahoma and A&M much closer than we have for quite awhile. This is the Nebraska of the late 70's. Their fans are behind them 100% and money is not a problem. Their facitlies are first rate and they run a very fun offense for the kids. If they are able to get the top kids out of Texas their run is here to stay. Currently they are not competitive with Texas and A&M with instate recruiting. But are narrowing the gap. They will be a tough game for us period. We will have a better idea of where we are after the spring game. I am following them closely this year as they have become my 2nd team. This is a team to be respected, they will bring it everytime we face them trust me.

I will say the same thing I said last year. We could be facing an undefeated team game day. If so that will mean they have already defeated Oklahoma. I think that is very likely. This is a team that will come here with no thoughts of fear or intimidation. They feel they will be the intimidators. As you stated it is domination, and they feel they will be able to do the job. Mind Set, we need to earn it back by play. We have not had it for a long time. Just saying it does not make it so.

Huh? What are you talking about, Tech was the 4th best team in the freakin' south, they are not that good. Respectable, but not good.

That game was strictly the fault of the staff. :flush

Huh? What are you talking about, Tech was the 4th best team in the freakin' south, they are not that good. Respectable, but not good.

That game was strictly the fault of the staff. :flush

Isn't Tech the only team to make it to a Bowl every year that the Big 12 has been around? They seemed to play OU pretty tough last year. Once their D gets better they should be pretty darn good.IMO

How about

" lets just not have Texas Tech hang 70 on us this year!!!!"

Now that will get you pumped ........LOL

You know what's gonna suck is the entire week leading up to the game, there going to show highlights of that damn game.

What do think the Huskers will do against Tech this year??

I know what they better do to the Red Raiders this year....

Tech should be made an example out of (along with some other schools) to show the rest of the country we are not playing around and we are still top notch. Time to put the foot on the neck of these wannabees and apply pressure. The Troys, Texas Techs, Kansases and Maines are not supposed to be on the same field as us. Time to seperate.... let the blackshirts loose on these guys and get back to DOMINATION----the essence of Husker Football. This is what the people want to see. It's not the option itself that the fans loved but the feeling that their team can't be stopped. Its all about that swagger--gotta get it back!!!

Seems like I rubbed a couple of people the wrong way when I talked about beating Texas Tech... my bad.

...but that doesn't mean I'm changing my stance!!! Tech isn't on our level man. They may pull a rabbit out of a hat every now and then, but I wouldn't make them locks to be champs of any kind...that's stretching it. We should dominate these people, period. Last year was a fluke in my opinion. This year, I may not be from Missouri... but they gotta SHOW ME. Whip Nebraska like that again, then I MIGHT respect them...but I don't see it.

I give my boys a mulligan for last season-- we were clearly in turmoil...they caught us with our pants down...the big payback is coming though. The Big Red Machine is coming back tuned-up, trust me. Good teams always get back up after being down...and Nebraska is GREAT. Tech will feel the wrath for their antics.

...and OU better watch out too.

FF,

I agree it was the fault of the staff, the Solich staff for not having enough talent on board to compete with the dregs of the Big 12. ISU, Kansas, CU, Missouri. And for recruiting players without the character to finish what they started.

Typical from a young Nebraska fan. Lack of respect for the opposition. Of all the bowl games the Big 12 played in who did the best. I would say Tech's victory over California was better than Texas over Michigan. Tech lost to Oklahoma by 10 or 12 if I remember correctly and was in the game the whole time. Too many TO's I think. I would bet the statistics would indicate a win for Texas Tech. Does not matter, they will be here to play.

As stated, I have been around this team a long time and have attended many games at home and away for going on 45 years. Tech reminds me of the old days of Nebraska. The same ideas, dedication and desires that drew me to be a booster for Nebraska is at Tech. Good fans, respectful and inteligent.

I really have no knowledge of Leach, but have heard that said by several people. I can tell you that I enjoyed my trip to Lubbock for our game and literally had a ball at the Holiday Bowl. Wearing my Nebraska gear. Caught a little grief when I went in the alumni area, but for just a few seconds. Met some great people. I am a life long Husker fan, but I have met a group that I feel at home with. I will always cheer for them until the Nebraska game. And if they get by us will be pulling for them to kick the crap out of anyone they face.

Leach is a tremendous offensive mind. He just picked apart California, and SC had to struggle to score on them. Tech could have put another 3 TD's on California. One comment was made though. If their offense is working it works against anyone. If they are having a bad game, it will stumble till it falls. Like a lite switch some said.

I honestly have no idea where we stack up against them this year. We did not belong on the same field with them last year. They have lost a few good players and I think we have gained a good group. I think the game will be more of team effort this year, and if the offense can move the ball and not turn it over it will be a much closer game. I think we win, because I have faith that BC knows what he is doing. But I understand in their minds they have the upper hand. Winning does that for you. I am not coming back for that game, but will be there for Pittsburgh and Wake Forest. I just hope BC gets accross just how important each and every game is to this team and I hope he understands it also.

From CFN:

Spring attitude.. It's time to take a slight step up. This might be one of the nation's most underated programs, always going to bowl games and always coming up with competitive, fun teams. Oklahoma and Texas are still the big dogs and Texas A&M is strong, but the Red Raiders will be good enough to beat anyone on their slate. There is no reason this shouldn't be another eight win season.

Turk,

There are a few schools that might differ with your idea. Alabama, Penn State and Notre Dame seem to be having quite a tussel getting back. It took SC quite awhile and it did not happen over night for Oklahoma. Things are changing, parity is here. There will neve be another run like Nebraska has had. We made history that will not be duplicated, be thankful and move forward. We will return to respectablity, but SC has the only chance of surpassing our records and I really do not think that will happen. Winning a NC after this year will be up in the air more than anytime in the past. There are at least 10 teams next year that will be capable of winning it and I think that will be the way it is every year. But I do feel we will return to being one of those ten teams in the very near future.