Attendance at the Spring Game

Attendance at the Spring Game  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this perplexes me. Im not sure your record was much better this past year. Why would anyone consider going to lincoln? Didnt you lose by like 70 points to Tech?

I would think there would be more optimism surrounding a team that was in every game last year and returns a top 5 defense (only D1 team in 04 to not allow more than 21 pts in a game) and with the addition of the number 1 overall recruit in the nation this year (not to mention the number 1 overall CB recruit, both of whom are faster and bigger and stronger than Tedd Ginn Jr and ate him alive at Nike and PSU summer camps two years ago) Who wouldnt want to go and see what they have to offer? Plus tailgating at PSU is second to none.

I dont know what the official record is, because attendance is free. But the unofficial count is approx. 66,000. Good weather I expect 70 to be topped.

Aren't your recruits still in high school? If they participate in the spring game, is that not a NCAA violation?

Also, does PSU have an incumbent QB being overtaken by a somewhat unknown JUCO? Or 4 new JUCO defenders that are all in the mix for a #1 or #2 spot? I don't know the story lines for PSU this spring and I couldn't care less, but I just figured the Huskers had more intriguing questions this spring than most other teams in the country.

If anyone cant make it to Lincoln tomorrow, take a trip up to state college next weekend. You can hang out with about 70k+ good people for an entire day of unmatched tailgating, free admission to watch the best defense in the country hurt the second worst offense in the country, then head into town for some great entertainment, cold beer, and 25,000 coeds showing off their new warm weather clothing. (lack thereof) oooo ive had chills since LOI day.

42,000 for PUS spring game, falling about 30K short of ben's wishful thinking.

yeah, it did fall a little short. I think i mentioned 70K before if the weather was decent...and it wasnt. Snowed in the morning...40s and rain the rest of the day. 4th quarter was called because of lightning. Good ole state college weather.

40k is pretty admirable considering.

and to whomever asked about the recruits playing being an NCAA violation...they graduated HS early and began school in January. So no, its not an NCAA violation.

And PSU does not enroll JUCO players. You make the grades out of HS or you dont come to PSU.

yeah, it did fall a little short. I think i mentioned 70K before if the weather was decent...and it wasnt. Snowed in the morning...40s and rain the rest of the day. 4th quarter was called because of lightning. Good ole state college weather.

40k is pretty admirable considering.

and to whomever asked about the recruits playing being an NCAA violation...they graduated HS early and began school in January. So no, its not an NCAA violation.

And PSU does not enroll JUCO players. You make the grades out of HS or you dont come to PSU.

Sorry, didn't know they graduated early. And is it PSU policy not to take JUCO's? Maybe that's a reason not 1 PSU player went in the draft this year? :cheers

sorry, next time ill write out 70,000.

No, I get it, I just don't know why 69,930 more people would want to go watch that team. What's the record for the PSU spring game?

this perplexes me. Im not sure your record was much better this past year. Why would anyone consider going to lincoln? Didnt you lose by like 70 points to Tech?

I would think there would be more optimism surrounding a team that was in every game last year and returns a top 5 defense (only D1 team in 04 to not allow more than 21 pts in a game) and with the addition of the number 1 overall recruit in the nation this year (not to mention the number 1 overall CB recruit, both of whom are faster and bigger and stronger than Tedd Ginn Jr and ate him alive at Nike and PSU summer camps two years ago) Who wouldnt want to go and see what they have to offer? Plus tailgating at PSU is second to none.

I dont know what the official record is, because attendance is free. But the unofficial count is approx. 66,000. Good weather I expect 70 to be topped.

Damn fine tailgating, I wont argue there, but your fans are pathetic. One of the worst dispays I ever witnessed in college football. WHat gives benji? I know you beat are ass in 2002, but did you guys need to spit, punch, and throw beer all over us to, or is that just the way the Big 10 is?

Thats always been policy. And probably always will.

But thats not the reason no one was selected, since its the first time since 1951.

I think it has to do with the fact that we sucked on offense, and only one defensive player left. Although he signed today as a FA with the giants.

Yeah, well we didn't have a single recruit from our 2000 class get drafted into the NFL. That class was rated as high as #13 too. Just goes to show the hit/miss of recruiting.

How did Williams look in the spring game?

No, I get it, I just don't know why 69,930 more people would want to go watch that team. What's the record for the PSU spring game?

Damn fine tailgating, I wont argue there, but your fans are pathetic. One of the worst dispays I ever witnessed in college football. WHat gives benji? I know you beat are ass in 2002, but did you guys need to spit, punch, and throw beer all over us to, or is that just the way the Big 10 is?

That sounds like my experience in Boulder. I will never go to a game there again

That sounds like my experience in Boulder. I will never go to a game there again

I heard some fans got that treatment in the last two Iowa State games... I went to the last one. I encountered some rowdies, but nothing too bad.

Weather is definitely a factor. I dont think any spring game is worth getting struck by lightning over. Now a NC that might be a diff story :lol: .

As far as fans go I saw some of each at the Rose Bowl debacle. Although the worst poo my son and I took was from some frat rats (UCLA) on the long walk back to the car. But we were quick to point out where UCLA was that year too. :horns2:horns2:horns2

IMO there are some really rotten people no matter where you are. :cheers

GBR

well, let me apologize or whatever injustices you may have incurred. You definately experienced the minority of PSU fans. Because yes, morons are everywhere. Actually, there is the strong possibility that they werent actually PSU fans at all. They may have been sPitt nerds masquerading as PSU fans. Its been known to happen. They show up and act like asses to other teams fans, just to make PSU look bad.

Dmoney Williams is the real deal. He will start at wideout. Justin King might be a bigger surprise, since he will play both ways this fall and return kicks.

Think Ted Ginn Jr...only faster.

well, let me apologize or whatever injustices you may have incurred. You definately experienced the minority of PSU fans. Because yes, morons are everywhere.

Agreed. I've also heard complaints about Colorado fans -- yes even some Husker fans. There are idiots everywhere.

As for this PSU fan, lets not refer to him as "you guys" -- it makes it sound like he was a part of the misbehavior and that all PSU fans are bad. When I was at the NU-PSU game in Lincoln a year later, the PSU fans we talked to were great.

Go Huskers!