zone defense

Those three games were where the OC made Demarrio a non factor. Our defense in 2003 was all Demarrio. He made Bullocks and Washington's job a lot easier. I truly believe he was one of the very best to ever play here. I am very happy that Pelini realized just how important of an impact he would make.

But we returned the same team in 04 that we had in 03?

Same.

I must admit I was a big Pelini fan the year he was here. But his biggest accomplishment was Super D. I can not remember a defensive player I have enjoyed watching more than Demarrio. I hate pro football, but always try to catch the Falcon games just to see him play.

That said, I am not a Pelini fan anymore. Totally support this staff and feel we are on the road to recovery. Mr. Pelini caused many problems for this program this year and I think that will come out down the road. I am very happy that he was not selected now, at the time I was wanting him to be our new HC. But Steve knew what was qoing on and made the best selection for Nebraska. I am not a Pederson fan, but I do feel he is doing the best he can for this program.

skersfan are you suggesting Pud made the decision to hire Cosgrove and not Cally? I didn't think Pederson had a lot to do with the asst. coaching hiring process (unless you have some juicy inside info you haven't shared yet ;) ).

I don't like BC very much, but I think that Coz was probably the best DC prospect available at the time (Wisc. had some nice D's over the last decade or so) and I'm heartened by some changes that seem to be taking place this spring as well with the roster (and you have to be excited by the recruiting class).

Ahhh....spring! It's finally arrived! Only a measely 24 weeks left till toe meets leather!

IRISH!

Irish,

I have no inside info on the coaching staff at this time. I did know about the change in DB coaching but only 1 day prior.

No, I think there needed to be a major change at Nebraska to get the recruiting going, to get back to the top. I think bringing the WCO, not so much Callahan is what opened the recruiting flood gates. We were not able to recruit top level atheletes during TO's last year. Michigan took many top kids that year and we were not considered by most. There is a reason, but I have never quite figured it out. I have my ideas, and they mostly gravitate towards the dislike of the option.

In honesty though this is a pretty good staff, they have alot of experience no question. I think Elmo was the least favorable coach selected and not because of his a bility but his personality. He did not hit it off well, and this opened the door for Pelini to continue communication with some of our players. His comments stirred the pot and made things alot worse. He hates Pederson, and I can understand that but he has done somethings that may have him in some hot water down the road.

Taking over a program like Nebraska, after a major firing could not be an easy job for any one. Coz who has been at Wisconsin for quite awhile was even surprised by the fan dedication and loyalty, and most of all expectations. I do not think BC had a clue of what it was going to be like. Nebraska football is a horse of different color. It is our life for most fans. Not quite the same anywhere else.