Eric Crouch Helmet Photos/Info

Maybe this will help........for the back anyway (looks like a Riddell). Not sure on specifics for face mask that stuff is hard to find!

twist2_si.jpg

This is off-topic, but this pic is from our last drive, deep in our own territory, down by less than a touchdown. Since it was us, and not the other team, NO penalty called! Yes, we lost.

That's the kind of stuff I am looking for. Thanks. So it looks like a big 12 decal on the left side in red, but I can't tell what it says at the very base of the helmet. Anybody know?

I still don't know how he didn't break his neck on that play.

Has Nebraska ever had small American flags on their helmets?

I have been to "the helmet project", but if anyone knows of any links to other helmet/uniform info that would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, that's not the big 12 logo... Its a NCAA football logo. Same as this one (not sure if the colors are the same)

ncaa-logo.jpg

That's the kind of stuff I am looking for. Thanks. So it looks like a big 12 decal on the left side in red, but I can't tell what it says at the very base of the helmet. Anybody know?

I still don't know how he didn't break his neck on that play.

Has Nebraska ever had small American flags on their helmets?

I have been to "the helmet project", but if anyone knows of any links to other helmet/uniform info that would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, that's not the big 12 logo... Its a NCAA football logo. Same as this one (not sure if the colors are the same)

ncaa-logo.jpg

I couldn't tell if that was the NCAA logo like you stated, or a BIG 12 NCAA logo like this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nebraska-NCAA-mini-hel...p3286.m20.l1116

I found this on-line, but still can't see all the decals.

http://heismanheros.com/game%20used%20items.htm

Look about half way down. Looks like a red XII logo to me. There is also something in black below that.

Hey guys, been watching since the firing of ... um.. anyway. Love the discussion and info on here.

Does anyone have any up close photos and or info of Eric Crouch's helmet?

I would like to make a replica helmet right down to the last decal.

Anything would help.

Thanks!

Uh...

Let's see.

I think it was white..maybe creme or a little off-white.

Had a couple of "N"s on it..one on each side.

Maybe has a "7" on the right side of the red stripe on the back.

Oh yeah..A red stripe going from the front to the back.

Nice way to treat a new member. Exactly the reason I don't post.

For those of you who would like to help, was it a Riddell helmet? If so, what style, air? Anyone know the facemask and chin strap names/numbers?

Sorry if you took my response as Hazing the new guy..I really thought you were joking.

I also suspected you might be my cousin with the name "Blue Goose Hunter"..(He was a SE for NU in the early '80's, but spent all his free time hunting "Geeses"...and we kid because we care).

I quess I also never noticed our "Simple" helmets were that complicated..

Back before I had to wear corrective lenses to read the phonebook, we didn't have fancy stickers..we barely had facemasks.

Now, I just can't seem to see them.

jersey%20couuch40001.jpg

wow, your computer skills are better then mine. Thanks frazier9495.

Thanks for all of those who have helped or PMed me.

It looks as if it is a Bike/Schutt Air helmet with a Schutt ROPO-SW style facemask.

Decals are game day red stripe, N, Husker front Tag, red 7, and red NCAA logo.

If anyone has any more info, or could confirm the brand of helmet used or chinstrap, let me lnow.