Running Backs

How many more will NU take? Are we down to just three Burkhead, Giles, and McBurse?

I know at one point i thought that Burkhead was our only option left then Giles Decommits and McBurse shows up?

Who is likly to commit and who will we take?

Giles(longshot)

Burkhead(probable)

McBurse(most likely)

Let me know Please

I really thought this class would only have 1 or at the most 2 RB, but with the difficulty filling some other positions (WR), maybe Nebraska would even take 3 RBs if they could get 2 of the 3 mentioned. Keep in mind there have been no reported offers to 2010 RBs so far so maybe this class will load up on RB this year.

• 2 weeks later...

From Rivals.com 11/20/'08:

Jamie's Mailbag

RB search

Can Nebraska land running back Al-Terek McBurse?

-- Mike from Omaha, Neb.

-----

Bo Pelini is looking to land a back from the Sunshine State.

This one is interesting because Al-Terek McBurse had a big senior season. McBurse, from Winter Springs (Fla.) High, averaged 12 yards per carry and rushed for more than 2,300 yards and 23 touchdowns in 10 games. In the season finale, McBurse rushed for 241 yards and three scores against Casselberry (Fla.) Lake Howell to break the Seminole County single-season rushing record, formerly held by Marquette Smith.

McBurse's productive season makes him one of the hottest running backs in the Sunshine State in a year loaded with some big-time running backs. Heading into the season, McBurse had just a few offers. But as the season progressed, the offers really started to come in. He has made one official visit, to Nebraska earlier this month. McBurse is scheduled to visit Purdue this weekend and Kansas the first weekend in December.

Although McBurse won't name a leader, he was impressed by his visit to Nebraska. He loved the offensive scheme, how they utilize the running backs and the coaching staff, especially coach Bo Pelini.

If there is one team to keep an eye on, it's Georgia Tech. McBurse always has liked the Yellow Jackets. Another possibility is USF. But right now it's safe to say Nebraska has a great chance to pull McBurse out of Florida.

The Huskers also are in the mix another Florida running back, Tampa Gaither's Jarvis Giles. He had been a Tennessee commitment, but Phil Fulmer's dismissal caused Giles to decommit. His commitment may come down to South Carolina, where he has had an official visit, and Nebraska. 723127.jpg