Cy Picks The Winners For Week 12

Oklahoma State (8-2) at Colorado (5-5) – Sadly, OK-State turned out to be the first team to drop the ball in the chase for the South crown. Always had a soft spot in my heart for Stillwater…the taste of the turf, the warmth of the sun on my face after being laid out…ah the memories. Regardless, they’ve been eliminated from the South title and will take out their frustrations by eliminating Colorado from bowl contention. Hawkins will probably start again…I believe he’s been measured for his coffin already...and he’s not as good as Iowa State made him look.

Oklahoma State (9-2) over Colorado (5-6)

How are they going to pull that off? Are they going to beat CU so bad it'll somehow count for 2 losses instead of 1?

Oklahoma State (8-2) at Colorado (5-5) – Sadly, OK-State turned out to be the first team to drop the ball in the chase for the South crown. Always had a soft spot in my heart for Stillwater…the taste of the turf, the warmth of the sun on my face after being laid out…ah the memories. Regardless, they’ve been eliminated from the South title and will take out their frustrations by eliminating Colorado from bowl contention. Hawkins will probably start again…I believe he’s been measured for his coffin already...and he’s not as good as Iowa State made him look.

How are they going to pull that off? Are they going to beat CU so bad it'll somehow count for 2 losses instead of 1?

No it may as well be since CU will definately lose in Lincoln! :box Cy is just projecting the future result.

The race for North and South supremacy is coming to an end as the Big 12 enters Week 12. I must admit that last week was not good as far as my picks were concerned having picked K-State and Iowa State to be upset winners (along with OK-State to take out Texas Tech)…but, as K-State announced they were parting ways with their idiot head coach and Iowa State was able to keep their streak for the most consecutive road loses alive, they actually won while losing….or so I say. Here are the match ups and results for this coming weekend:

Kansas (6-4) at Texas (9-1) – Let’s see…way back this spring I believe I said that Kansas was going to end up 6-6 for the year and, lo and behold, they are poised to make me look like a genius. I didn't really need them to validate that fact but it's nice of them to help. A defense that’s ranked 118th in the nation against the pass versus a Texas team ranked 9th in the nation in passing yards? Well…actually, Texas’ pass defense isn’t much better. But they are Texas and they are from the South so they win by default.

Texas (10-1) over Kansas (6-5)

Nebraska (6-4) at Kansas State (4-6) – Hopefully K-State invested some money in stamps this year since they have pretty much mailed in the rest of this season. Really…how hard is a team going to play for a coach that nobody really likes who isn’t going to be there next year anyway? The Juco season ended a month ago…I don’t think anybody bothered to tell the K-State players they weren’t playing Juco ball anymore. Nebraska’s offense is going to blow the doors off the lowly K-State defense. This one will be over early. Don't drink and drive people.... <_<

Nebraska (7-4) over Kansas State (4-7)

Texas A&M (4-6) at Baylor (3-7) – Who would have thought after the first couple games that A&M could still have a chance to become bowl eligible. There are WAY too many bowl games. Both teams feature a pretty crappy defense but while Baylor has spent the last month being spanked by the big boys of the B-12, A&M has had a somewhat easier time of it (aside from the Oklahoma game…no one has it easy against them) and has had time to build up a little confidence and morale.

Texas A&M (5-6) over Baylor (3-9)

Missouri (8-2) at Iowa State (2-8) – HAHAHAHAHAHAHA…sorry….HAHAHA! On the bright side, the Cyclones are still making an effort to win a game this year (unlike K-State) and are finding new and innovative ways to give them away. If there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the Cyclones…they should go to it because they play like they are dead and just don’t know it yet. The only thing at question here is if Missouri can score enough to make triple digits or not.

Missouri (9-2) over Iowa State (2-9)

That’s it folks…the big Oklahoma –Texas Tech game won’t be till November 22nd so we’ll have to wait to see who takes the South crown, which, in itself, sucks but they neglected to consult me so there you go. Unfortunately, I am pretty sure you will see Missouri crowned as the North champion this weekend as after they are done destroying Iowa State, it appears to be mathematically impossible for them to finish anywhere other than first...

Those are my picks…feel free to disagree if you feel the need to be obtuse and cantankerous….

CY - Do you tailgate at the games? Better question, considering the weather forecast, are you planning on tailgating? Would love to meet up for a beer or two. Let Tyger buy you a beer.

well now Tyger sir, I will be there tailgating hardcore and would love to let you buy me a beer! i am better than Cy in every way and i can hold my beer! :horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2:horns2