How bout dem Husker wideouts??

I don't hear anyone talking about the recievers. Do we have some burners out there or what? Will we be able to stretch the field more next season? Good recievers make the WC dangerous, keeps smaller defenders on the field and less in the box...makes for easier running, ya know?

The highly touted Beck, Dailey or whoever would benefit big time having some dependable people to throw to. Confidence b/w the QB and WR brings more big plays passing and running.

The recieving corp might be the biggest question mark we have this year on offense. We have two very capable QB's, 8 or so RB's on schollies that can get the job done, and a line that is respectable... i havent really heard much about the receivers, but you are right they do play a major role in the WCO. We will need some of them to step up and stand out this year.

Are any of the recievers over 6' tall? Are they physical? Were any of them playmakers at juco or something? Will there be a go-to guy to hit in the clutch?

These WR's will make or break this offense once you really think about it. Is there any of them that the staff is keen on? Will the tight end be involved more or less?

Just to let you all know, Fluellen and LeFlore are probably faster than any of the guys coming in, with the exception of possibly Hardy.

Brooks is not a blazer, considered more of a possession/physical type of WR.

your point?

Because this quote was erroneously posted earlier, and it needed a little correction:

"As of right now, the guys that are in camp are not quite "burners" Hardy hopefully will be that guy. No ones tearing it up just yet. "

Fluellen is a very fast track guy, and LeFlore is no slouch, either. People were questioning Brooks, and as of yet, hes the type of guy to "be physical" according to the recruiting analysts.

Get it :wacko:

Swift seems to be getting some press lately. ALso Nunn made a great catch in practice on Saturday. Just don't see a lot of consistency

Would you know if the staff is on top of the recieving corps like they are with the QB's? I'm just not hearing much at all about the WR's from anyone or anything. It seems the people of Husker Nation are embracing the change to the WCO, but don't want to let go of seeing the strong running game. These wideouts will make or break the quarterbacks and the system as a whole. Emphasis should be placed on improving these guys if anything is to work.

Last year was the first rusher for over 1000 yards since 1998 I think, I think we are running the ball fine. We have the talent at IB. Recievers were a problem last year in that they were mostly brought on to block. Did not have the get to the ball and catch it no matter what mentality. Those things can be coached but I think the new ones coming in in the fall have that mentality. I think we will see some more new faces in the mix by mid season.

one thing about the WCO, you can spread the D with formations and threaten them with a running game that opens up with those formations. i think you will see Ross and Lucky both gain alot of yards, IF we can execute some mid and long range pass completions and get some consistency out of the wide outs. remember when OU couldn't run the ball, their passing game was not near as affective.......

i think we will be glad Ross and Lucky will be a threat to run at any time, as a balanced attack keeps the D off-balance

hunter

• 3 months later...
one thing about the WCO, you can spread the D with formations and threaten them with a running game that opens up with those formations. i think you will see Ross and Lucky both gain alot of yards, IF we can execute some mid and long range pass completions and get some consistency out of the wide outs. remember when OU couldn't run the ball, their passing game was not near as affective.......

i think we will be glad Ross and Lucky will be a threat to run at any time, as a balanced attack keeps the D off-balance

hunter

It's really going to come down to throwing the ball and catching it. There were plenty of times last year that the play was there but the players heads weren't :thumbs