Husker Family

CornHunka

After the game on Friday, my two boys and I stopped in to Popeye's to get some supper. After ordering, another Husker fan was behind us and I asked him if he thought about Henery's kick. We exchanged stories until our food was ready.

As we were getting to the car, my 9 year old asked me if I knew that guy. I said, "No, but he's a Husker fan" and my 15 year old finishes my sentence by adding, "so, that makes him family."

After the game on Friday, my two boys and I stopped in to Popeye's to get some supper. After ordering, another Husker fan was behind us and I asked him if he thought about Henery's kick. We exchanged stories until our food was ready.

As we were getting to the car, my 9 year old asked me if I knew that guy. I said, "No, but he's a Husker fan" and my 15 year old finishes my sentence by adding, "so, that makes him family."

That's awesome. I feel the same way when I'm working at my part-time job and when I see a customer wearing a Husker hat, shirt, or jacket I'll stop by and ask them if they're a fan and if so I'll ask them what they think of this season and new coach Bo Pelini.

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

C-Bear and I were at our favorite resturante/bar on friday watching the game with 7 other people who we soon figured out were also Husker fans. As the game went on we all got to know one another and whooped it up prety good during what was an up/down exciting game. High fives and hugs were exchanged when the game ended and we knew that we had added 7 more to our Husker Family.

T_O_B

:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Yeah, since I am on the road all the time, I love it when I run into my "extended" family and get to talk Huskers when they see what I am wearing and start talking about it. It makes my whole day when someone says in Virginia or Washington state, or where ever I am that they are a fan, and start talking about certain coaches or players and are knowledgeable about the Husker tradition. I also love going down here to Oklahoma, where I am this weekend, and getting to talk about our rivalry that will never be again with OU fans. They are always respectful, as I am with OU, and can talk about certain Husker players as I can talk about certain OU players. So in a way I guess they are like 2nd cousins, too.