BO knows BOnehead calls!

hskerprid

:dumdum I liked it when BO admitted that he got greedy and made a bone headed call for the fake kick. Just goes to show what a stand-up kind of guy he is. Just the kind of man to re-unite the Husker faithful. Would that call rank up there with the fake punt call (cotton bowl)that (he who shall not be named) made? Your thoughts.... :restore

It wasn't that bad of a call, just really badly executed in my mind. By rule, with the kicker moving out of position to kick the ball, the holder had to have his knee off the ground - which he didn't. Play should have been blown dead at that point, whether it was successful or not.

If it had worked, everyone would be slapping Bo and the players on the back saying how great it was, but since it turned into the disaster that it was, it kind of made him look like a goat. Yeah, Bo is stand up, and admitted that he called the play. If it would have been BC it would have been about how poorly the players executed the play, not about how he probably shouldn't have called that particular play at that time...and if it had worked, it would have been all about BC's genius game plan and how they saw something in film...etc.

I think it also shows that the NCAA needs to seriously look at how the rules are being defined...either they are rules or their not. I didn't like the response given to ABC's commentators when they asked the officials or the NCAA about the "loose interpretation" that they allowed in one conferences officiating over another. The rules should be the same for everyone...and by the book.

Bo should have thrown the flag on that play and made them review it (knowing the rule of course) realizing that the holder still had his knee down on the ground. That touchdown by CU would have been reversed and called dead at that spot the holder got the ball. I don't know if Bo didn't see his knee was still down, didn't know the rule, or was just silenced by the official.

The officiating this year has really sucked. Too many missed calls in just about every game played. Video review was supposed to take care of some of this...but I am beginning to think you should be able to challenge a lot more of their calls such as penalties or a no call that is obvious to everyone in the stadium except the officiating crew for some reason...like the personal foul against Ganz on the sack. How the official is standing right there and missed that one is beyond me.

It's like you're inside my head! Get out, it's scary in there.

:dumdum I liked it when BO admitted that he got greedy and made a bone headed call for the fake kick. Just goes to show what a stand-up kind of guy he is. Just the kind of man to re-unite the Husker faithful. Would that call rank up there with the fake punt call (cotton bowl)that (he who shall not be named) made? Your thoughts.... :restore

It wasn't that bad of a call, just really badly executed in my mind. By rule, with the kicker moving out of position to kick the ball, the holder had to have his knee off the ground - which he didn't. Play should have been blown dead at that point, whether it was successful or not.

If it had worked, everyone would be slapping Bo and the players on the back saying how great it was, but since it turned into the disaster that it was, it kind of made him look like a goat. Yeah, Bo is stand up, and admitted that he called the play. If it would have been BC it would have been about how poorly the players executed the play, not about how he probably shouldn't have called that particular play at that time...and if it had worked, it would have been all about BC's genius game plan and how they saw something in film...etc.

I think it also shows that the NCAA needs to seriously look at how the rules are being defined...either they are rules or their not. I didn't like the response given to ABC's commentators when they asked the officials or the NCAA about the "loose interpretation" that they allowed in one conferences officiating over another. The rules should be the same for everyone...and by the book.

Bo should have thrown the flag on that play and made them review it (knowing the rule of course) realizing that the holder still had his knee down on the ground. That touchdown by CU would have been reversed and called dead at that spot the holder got the ball. I don't know if Bo didn't see his knee was still down, didn't know the rule, or was just silenced by the official.

The officiating this year has really sucked. Too many missed calls in just about every game played. Video review was supposed to take care of some of this...but I am beginning to think you should be able to challenge a lot more of their calls such as penalties or a no call that is obvious to everyone in the stadium except the officiating crew for some reason...like the personal foul against Ganz on the sack. How the official is standing right there and missed that one is beyond me.

:madash damn its dark in here...everything echoes, too!!

:madash damn its dark in here...everything echoes, too!!

lol that's some funny sh*t