Cody Green

I don't want to alarm anyone, but do we need to be worried now that Lane Kiffin and the Vols are going to be going after Green now that they told Bryce Petty that he does not fit their new offense and have their eyes on a few other prospects? We were going after him early I guess before he gave his verbal and was still solid to the Vols until now. I read the article on Kiffin's conversation with him on Sporting news

I don't want to alarm anyone, but do we need to be worried now that Lane Kiffin and the Vols are going to be going after Green now that they told Bryce Petty that he does not fit their new offense and have their eyes on a few other prospects? We were going after him early I guess before he gave his verbal and was still solid to the Vols until now. I read the article on Kiffin's conversation with him on Sporting news

I don't think Cody Green fits into Kiffin's offense either if Taj Boyd didn't. Cody says he is not taking calls from other schools anyway, so I'm feeling pretty good he'll be N. Besides, he's got to be on a campus in January so not a lot of time to take other visits with the holidays approaching.

FYI Rivals will be re-evaluating him in January so he might still move up on their ratings.

I don't think Cody Green fits into Kiffin's offense either if Taj Boyd didn't. Cody says he is not taking calls from other schools anyway, so I'm feeling pretty good he'll be N. Besides, he's got to be on a campus in January so not a lot of time to take other visits with the holidays approaching.

FYI Rivals will be re-evaluating him in January so he might still move up on their ratings.

Thanks for the confidence boost. I read that this morning and though OH NO!! LOL should have laid off the coffee earlier maybe. :thumbs

Link?

Not sure where any Cody Green speculation came from but here is ESPN reporting on Petty:

Vols drop interest in QB Bryce Petty

Quarterback Bryce Petty of Midlothian, Texas, is back on the recruiting board after learning from Tennessee that he didn't fit the Vols' new offensive system.

Petty, rated No. 51 in the Class of 2009, was one of two quarterbacks committed to sign with the Vols under former coach Phillip Fulmer. ESPNU 150 prospect Tajh Boyd of Phoebus (Hampton, Va.), rated No. 8, had recently opted out of his commitment after new head coach Lane Kiffin also told him his style of play didn't fit Tennessee's new offense.

Boyd is now drawing interest from Oregon, Ohio State and Boston College. Petty held offers from Nebraska and New Mexico before pledging to the Vols.