Practice 4/12

Took in a little practice today. Was there for about an hour or so.

*Joe Dailey didn't take a snap. Neither did Jordan Adams. Dailey is probably still hurt, but Adams just appears to be the man out. Davis and Ganz shared alot of reps.

*The offensive line is still behind and getting beat bad a times. But I hate bashing them. This position is always behind. Yet at the beginning of the season there always ready to go.

*During 7 on 7, Taylor was on fire. In fact many of the QB's were hitting many passes. Davis was hittin also.

I read that Dailey is cleared to practice and that he's not hurt. Also the reason he's not getting reps is not only is Taylor looking much better but Davis and Ganz are even out-performing him. Any truth to this?

Also, is one of the reasons the O-line is getting beat anything to do with our D-line being much better than they were last year? Seems Barry and Ola are pretty good back-ups and the starters on the line like Moore, Carriker, and Smith are a bit bigger and stronger than last year. I really hope this is the case and not that our O-line dropped off from 04.

I read that Dailey is cleared to practice and that he's not hurt. Also the reason he's not getting reps is not only is Taylor looking much better but Davis and Ganz are even out-performing him. Any truth to this?

Also, is one of the reasons the O-line is getting beat anything to do with our D-line being much better than they were last year? Seems Barry and Ola are pretty good back-ups and the starters on the line like Moore, Carriker, and Smith are a bit bigger and stronger than last year. I really hope this is the case and not that our O-line dropped off from 04.

Has more to do with our oline losing a couple 2 year starters and back up or two. Pretty amazing to me how your starting qb all of last year doesn't get one snap. Bill's way of telling joe to quit I guess.

I read that Dailey is cleared to practice and that he's not hurt.  Also the reason he's not getting reps is not only is Taylor looking much better but Davis and Ganz are even out-performing him.  Any truth to this?

Also, is one of the reasons the O-line is getting beat anything to do with our D-line being much better than they were last year?  Seems Barry and Ola are pretty good back-ups and the starters on the line like Moore, Carriker, and Smith are a bit bigger and stronger than last year.  I really hope this is the case and not that our O-line dropped off from 04.

Has more to do with our oline losing a couple 2 year starters and back up or two. Pretty amazing to me how your starting qb all of last year doesn't get one snap. Bill's way of telling joe to quit I guess.

Yea, that would be true except he got as many reps as Taylor at the beginning of the spring.

I guess it is impossible that Taylor has separated himself from Joe, huh?

On top of that, Joe's shoulder is hurting him a bit.

It could never be that Dave. It is because Dailey is a Solich recruit. ;) I'm sure this has never happened at a school before.

I have no idea about Dailey. Rumors could be from Joe haters. Taylor's just looking really comfortable right now. He gets in rythmn's and its impressive to watch. Ganz and Davis are filling their roles, but Beck could stop that.

The offensive line is always behind regardless of who's on the D-line. Oline has so much to worry about. As olinemen you could have 260 pound dlineman coming at you, a 220 linebacker or a 190 corner blitzing you. Most times they olineman can't make a mistake in order to succeed. But the dline is looking impressive. Carriker and Moore are sick. Very fast. Cryer is doing well.

I read that Dailey is cleared to practice and that he's not hurt.  Also the reason he's not getting reps is not only is Taylor looking much better but Davis and Ganz are even out-performing him.  Any truth to this?

Also, is one of the reasons the O-line is getting beat anything to do with our D-line being much better than they were last year?  Seems Barry and Ola are pretty good back-ups and the starters on the line like Moore, Carriker, and Smith are a bit bigger and stronger than last year.  I really hope this is the case and not that our O-line dropped off from 04.

Yea, that would be true except he got as many reps as Taylor at the beginning of the spring.

On top of that, Joe's shoulder is hurting him a bit.

I'm not saying its wrong that taylor beat him out and is running with the first team I'm saying its ridiculous that your starter is sitting around at practice and not getting one snap, not one snap during practice and he's 4th string. That to me is a message, loud and clear.

This is a rumor, and I can not find where I read it. But supposedly Joe was cleared to practice, but decided not to participate in practice. It sounds funny but the drop to fourth could be punishment for refusing to throw the ball. I do not have a clue if it is true or not but would give some idea of why he was battling for 1st and instantly dropped to 4th.

I'm not saying its wrong that taylor beat him out and is running with the first team I'm saying its ridiculous that your starter is sitting around at practice and not getting one snap, not one snap during practice and he's 4th string. That to me is a message, loud and clear.

Open your eyes dude Dailey is not cut out to be a D-1 starting QB. I don't care if it is the WCO or single wing. His decision making and overall lack of passing skills probably put him in the spot he is in today.

The message is loud and clear. Joe is not as good at QB as Davis, Ganz or Taylor. Is it tough to comprehend?

Joe started last year because we had nobody else capable. This year with some competition he's showed that he's not the caliber of QB this offense needs. I'm really not surprised at all that he has been passed up. I watched him play last year and he wasn't that good. I don't hate Joe either, I really wanted to see him succeed, but it's obvious he just doesn't have the talent.

i think cally is willing to risk it all by not having jd start or even practice with the 1st unit....at least he knows what he doesn't like and that is jd at qb...... i can see Taylor stepping up, but there is one big gap between him and whoever else will be back-up qb, and that includes Beck too, due to lack of experience

hunter