Halftime thoughts on the Annual Spring Practice

First, this should no longer be called a spring game, hell, its not even a scrimmage, no punt returns, no contact on the qb, 1st string vs scout team. REAL impressive.

That being said, any "records" set from the 2004 Spring "Game" until cally leaves should have a huge asterisk next to them, and should be omitted from any record books. I know I'll never go to another Spring pratice until these guys are gone.

Sure the O and Taylor look good against scrubs, but they did so last year, too. Wait until NU get into the regular season, and dont count the first 3 "exhibition" games next year. We may just see another 60 point pasting by a middle of the pack Big 12 team, then we can discuss how well these systems work :thumbs

First, this should no longer be called a spring game, hell, its not even a scrimmage, no punt returns, no contact on the qb, 1st string vs scout team. REAL impressive.

That being said, and "records" set from the 2004 Spring "Game" until cally leaves should have a huge asterisk next to them, and should be omitted from any record books. I know I'll never go to another Spring pratice until these guys are gone.

Sure the O and Taylor looks good against scrubs, but they did so last year, too. Wait until NU get into the regular season, and dont count the first 5 "exhibition" games next year. We may just see another 60 point pasting by a middle of the pack Big 12 team, then we can discuss how well these systems work :thumbs

Shut up and get over yourself.

:cheers

Truth hurts, I know!

:thumbs

That being said, and "records" set from the 2004 Spring "Game" until cally leaves should have a huge asterisk next to them, and should be omitted from any record books. I know I'll never go to another Spring pratice until these guys are gone.

Sure the O and Taylor looks good against scrubs, but they did so last year, too. Wait until NU get into the regular season, and dont count the first 5 "exhibition" games next year. We may just see another 60 point pasting by a middle of the pack Big 12 team, then we can discuss how well these systems work :thumbs

Shut up and get over yourself.

:cheers

Truth hurts, I know!

:thumbs

It's not that, it's that your always bagging on something or someone! When we go 5-6 again or w\e THEN you can talk

Or how about when NU (and this staff) wins a NC again (never) then YOU can talk.

Until then this is 5-6 staff, a 70-10 defensive coordinator, and a 4-12, first to worst head coach.

Thats great that you don't want to watch the first string against the scout team. However you do claim to be all in favor of having a walk on program that has the roster up to 160 or so. How in the heck is that going to help the program if you don't even want to watch the guys that are ranked 80 to 100 play. Its not like they would benefit the team that much if at all. My point being, that you will make any negative comment about this football team that you can find, even if it means going back and contradicting some of your previous comments. We all know that you hate Cal, Cos, and Peterson. But if would be great if you wouldn't slam every little thing that this program does. Every comment that you make goes back to the direct fact that you think that these coaches are worthless and cannot coach. I know its an opinion board, but please try to type something other than "these coaches suck", or "WCO sucks".

It's too bad this team is getting better, because there's gonna be a whole lot less 'bitching and moaning' the haters are gonna have in the future. We have a really good QB that is "accurate". Taylor made nice passes all over the field, and I don't care if it was against scout teams or not. Octavien is a hell of a player, and Ruud and Dontrelle Moore looked nice as well. We have players buying into the system, and it's gonna show this year and the years to come.

The spring game will be much better in the future because these coaches will have a lot more talent to work with. I can't believe the drop in talent from the 1's vs the 2's. That was never evident when TO was here.

**Patient sigh**

OK, FormerFan's nonsense aside, I had at least one concern today. I thought that the red team had a little too much success on kick returns. Last year we gave up two for TD's, is that right? I think only four teams in the nation did that. It seems like we might still have a very long way to go in this area.

FormerFan, I'm gonna type slowly so try to comprehend something. First, you said that this "should no longer be called a spring game..." You followed that up with the observation that any records from the Callahan era "should have a huge asterisk next to them..." And my favorite gem: "We may just see another 60 point pasting by a middle of the pack Big 12 team..."

When called on these statements, you replied "Truth hurts, I know!"

Now, even if I ignore the fact that your reply would be below average wit for a seventh grader, I feel compelled to point out that only the last of your statements even has the possibility to be truth. The first two are your biased opinions. The last one may eventually become truth, but until then, it's a prediction.

Your bias has become a bore. To say that no Husker fan can talk "until this staff wins a NC again..." seems a little unfair, especially when you add that "until then, this is a 5-6 staff, a 70-10 defensive coordinator, and a 4-12, first to worst head coach" Really? Those things all apply until we win another national championship? It seems like there's a lot of room in the middle there. Maybe your black or white way of looking at things is just final proof of your inability to consider anything that might be contrary to what you already believe. In any event, it's boring.

And that, friend, is the truth.

**Patient sigh**

OK, FormerFan's nonsense aside, I had at least one concern today. I thought that the red team had a little too much success on kick returns. Last year we gave up two for TD's, is that right? I think only four teams in the nation did that. It seems like we might still have a very long way to go in this area.

FormerFan, I'm gonna type slowly so try to comprehend something. First, you said that this "should no longer be called a spring game..." You followed that up with the observation that any records from the Callahan era "should have a huge asterisk next to them..." And my favorite gem: "We may just see another 60 point pasting by a middle of the pack Big 12 team..."

Now, even if I ignore the fact that your reply would be below average wit for a seventh grader, I feel compelled to point out that only the last of your statements even has the possibility to be truth. The first two are your biased opinions. The last one may eventually become truth, but until then, it's a prediction.

Your bias has become a bore. To say that no Husker fan can talk "until this staff wins a NC again..." seems a little unfair, especially when you add that "until then, this is a 5-6 staff, a 70-10 defensive coordinator, and a 4-12, first to worst head coach" Really? Those things all apply until we win another national championship? It seems like there's a lot of room in the middle there. Maybe your black or white way of looking at things is just final proof of your inability to consider anything that might be contrary to what you already believe. In any event, it's boring.

For someone who comes across with such a condescending attitude, you made a very bad mistake.

First and foremost, I was never called out on those statements, the "Shut up and get over yourself" is not exactly a callout. Its a cry for one who cannot refute what was said, kind of like yourself. See, many have said, as you did, that they are getting tired of what I say. Well, what I say is the truth, backed up by facts, and non-biased, realistic observations. While there have been more than one prediction on here that has said, "These guys will win a NC by 20--" I have asked, "What makes you think that" and have supplied little tidbits of information to back up my stance. Usually, I get nothing back but the typical "Go away" or "F--k off" responses, essentially just proving my point. Frankly, you have not supplied much more of a response. Seventh grade, ehh?????

You want the truth, this staff gave us a the first losing season that any of us can remember, and the first in most of our lifetimes. Truth-you also live in fantasy land, go back there and bury your head. In a few years, this program will resemble the Ok States, the ISUs, the Minnesotas, a good year here or there, and mired in mediocrity the remainder of the time. cally, coz, and pud will all be gone, and we wont be any better for it.

What it getting old is the “NC by 2006” garbage I keep hearing from the sheeple out there. Cant ya’ll think for yourselves????

Sorry, but its obvious that you cant handle the truth, either. Cheers :cheers

Have I missed something. Aren't there a lot of freshmen and JUCO's coming into the fall camp. Maybe Mr. Lucky may assist Porkchop and Brandon have a 2000+ rushing total this year. Hey the frosh at OU rushed pretty good and Lucky is supposed to be that good or better. Why start all the same rhetoric.

From what I have read at Huskers.com the offense did pretty good and ZT did better than JD did today or last year. Who knows maybe JD will gel and set the WCO on fire. He is a good enough athlete and smart enough. Anyway, way too early to start flaming the board. But I think by next December there will be some quieter people.

:horns2

GBR

What it getting old is the “NC by 2006” garbage I keep hearing from the sheeple out there. Cant ya’ll think for yourselves????

So if someone has a different outlook on things then yours they are not thinking for themselves? I really don't get your view on that. If looking for positives and not complaining about things that NONE of us have control over means being a sheep. I've got one thing to say to you. BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You can quote me on that.

Now if you will excuse me I'm going to the Beach.

We have been behind on talent for almost 5 years now. Many classes of 17 to 18 and of those some never even saw the field. Recruiting put us in this situation and it will take a couple more classes like the last to get us anywhere near the top programs. Today you a talented QB versus a QB recruited by the former staff. I am not saying Zach will lite up the schedule. I have many reservations about this team and the way this scrimmage was ran. But you can see the difference in the talent that BC and staff are bringing in. Frank had the idea that all wanted to come to Nebraska, and nothing could have been farther from the truth. That is what happened and that is what this staff is correcting. Sales sales sales is what it takes to win. You are seeing the changes and how the program is pormoted. Just the beginning. Hang on, it is going to be fun to watch the FooFAN go away.

**Patient sigh**

For someone who comes across with such a condescending attitude, you made a very bad mistake.

First and foremost, I was never called out on those statements, the "Shut up and get over yourself" is not exactly a callout. Its a cry for one who cannot refute what was said, kind of like yourself. See, many have said, as you did, that they are getting tired of what I say. Well, what I say is the truth, backed up by facts, and non-biased, realistic observations. While there have been more than one prediction on here that has said, "These guys will win a NC by 20--" I have asked, "What makes you think that" and have supplied little tidbits of information to back up my stance. Usually, I get nothing back but the typical "Go away" or "F--k off" responses, essentially just proving my point. Frankly, you have not supplied much more of a response. Seventh grade, ehh?????

You want the truth, this staff gave us a the first losing season that any of us can remember, and the first in most of our lifetimes. Truth-you also live in fantasy land, go back there and bury your head. In a few years, this program will resemble the Ok States, the ISUs, the Minnesotas, a good year here or there, and mired in mediocrity the remainder of the time. cally, coz, and pud will all be gone, and we wont be any better for it.

Sorry, but its obvious that you cant handle the truth, either. Cheers :cheers

How are we to make statements of fact for predicting the future, though you can make them and claim that they are true. What a bunch of bull Sh!t.

How are we to make statements of fact for predicting the future, though you can make them and claim that they are true. What a bunch of bull Sh!t.

I couldnt agree with you any more, you hit it on the head!

The prediction could be a NC in a year, or an 0-11 season, and it is just speculation.

All I base my predictions on is by what I have witnessed, the coaches past records, and the general failure of the Worst Coast Offense in college football.

All the high-expectation predictions have been based on one decent recruiting class.

Time will tell who is right.