Turner Gill: Hire Him

NoLongerN

As nice as it would be for him to come back, it will not happen. If TO would have taken the job for a couple of years then I can understand why he would come back....TO could groom him (what grooming he still may have needed) and let him take over. Bo is here and I cannot imagine Turner wanting to come back to be an assistant.

Groom him?

Have you seen Turner's hairline, lately?

Like Gallagher said, "Never let your Mom brush your hair while she's mad at your Dad".

I sent off an email to the Administration office this morning ... just short and sweet.

To me, it makes so much sense to have Turner Gill as our Assistant Head Coach. What a great coach and recruiter we would add to this team. We can get find a way to him here, find him a spot ... pay for it.

I want him in our family ... GET ER' DUN!

I'm not stating this to hear all the reason why it can't happen.

SheepdogMark

It won't happen.

Per your request, I won't bother listing the reasons why.

I sent off an email to the Administration office this morning ... just short and sweet.

To me, it makes so much sense to have Turner Gill as our Assistant Head Coach. What a great coach and recruiter we would add to this team. We can get find a way to him here, find him a spot ... pay for it.

I want him in our family ... GET ER' DUN!

I'm not stating this to hear all the reason why it can't happen.

SheepdogMark

You're going to have to hear them anyways.

lol. That's kind of what I was thinking. This guy needs a blog or something....

Anyway, I'd be a monkey's uncle of Turner came back for an "assistant head coach" position. It makes no sense. If you were a regional manager for Taco Bell, would you take a position at a BK as the fry-o-lator operator because you grew up next door to a Burger King?

maybe we could do what the did at texas... coach in waiting :dumdum

yah.

turner is 45.

bo is 40.

unless bo plans to retire at 50, i don't see that happening.

I started this thread ... obviously, it went off on a tangent. Well, this post is that email I sent ... and a response I got from Dr. T. He wrote it, it was sent by one of his staff ... Ann was her name I believe. I was surprized to get a personal email back. Here it is.

Dear Mark,

Thanks for your recent note concerning Turner Gill. Turner is the Head Football Coach at the University of Buffalo and I doubt that he would want to give up being a head football coach in order to come back here as an assistant.

I appreciate your thoughts. I think a great deal of Turner myself and hope that he can return to Nebraska in some capacity at some point in time.

Best wishes,

Tom Osborne

There was a big red N here in the origianl email.

Tom Osborne

Athletic Director

University of Nebraska

One Memorial Stadium

PO Box 880120

Lincoln NE 68588-0120

402-472-3011 phone

402-472-9675 fax

Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:08 AM

To: Name taken out

Subject: FW: Mark Baker: Coaching[scanned]

Name taken out

Football Assistant - Defense

One Memorial Stadium

P.O. Box 880125

Lincoln, NE 68588-0125

402-472-3116

Fax - 402-472-8877

huskers.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:52 AM

To: Name taken out

Subject: Mark Baker: Coaching[scanned]

Greetings,

I'm just a fan, grew up in Omaha. Moved in 1976 ... still bleed red.

I just wanted to say that I wish Husker football would consider hiring Turner Gill as Assistant Head Coach. Wish we could find a way to get this done.

He would be a great person to keep in the Husker family and add strength to our coaching and recruiting team. I would imagine that supporters of our program could come up with the finances.

Thank you for your time,

Mark Baker

Lake Kiowa, TX