Will Harrison Beck redshirt in 2005?

Will Harrison Beck redshirt in 2005?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope that we play it situationally. Like, have him suit up for every game and give him plenty of reps in practice but only burn his redshirt because of injury to Taylor and not burn it just to get him reps during mop-up duty.

I agree, if we decide to give someone mop up duty, let it be someone else and keep becks redshirt option open.

I hope that we play it situationally. Like, have him suit up for every game and give him plenty of reps in practice but only burn his redshirt because of injury to Taylor and not burn it just to get him reps during mop-up duty.

I disagree. I think we need to get him as much real-game action this year as we can. Have him learn this year and next year as a sophomore and have Freeman waiting in the wings redshirting. Then when Taylor's gone and Beck's a junior have Freeman backing him up for 2 years (or starting, who knows?) By that time we'll have another stud waiting to back up Freeman. We need to stock the cupboard so we can start re-loading.

If he does get mop-up duty, then I hope that it starts in game one and continues to get ample opportunities while also getting into the game during the second or third quarter for some real playing time in a couple of other games. Not just playing in the fourth quarter of three blow games for example.

Reality is he may have to be the backup next year. With that said, I'd rather see someone like Beau Davis step it up so Beck would have perhaps three years to start if Taylor stays healthy.

I will say Davis looked neither great or bad Saturday. But he did play with the scrubs so it's very hard to tell. He appears to be the best one next to Taylor, although there seems to be a big gap between them.

I don't know what's up with Jordan Adams. Is he as healthy as they say he is and is clearly not that good? Or is he still recovering from his illness and is still rusty? I don't know about Joe Gantz either. He looks really short and wasn't that impressive Saturday.

Yes, unfortunately, we may need Beck next year. All the more reason we will need Freeman to come to NU.