Clemson Vs S. Carolina

If mods could leave this here for a bit im wondering about this.

I just watched your youtube video on your brawl and all the smack talk that goes on between you and S. Carolina people on this board. Im curious as to what the hell is the problem with your 2 teams.

Are you referring to this thread? Tater Beatdown Coming

If so, I'd like to get the password so that I can take a look at it and respond to your post.

What do you mean 'what is the problem with our 2 teams'?

We beat them handily nearly every year, they continue to talk crap. They hate us cause we're constantly beating them, we hate them because they can't take a loss and shut the hell up.

For historical facts on why the two schools hate each other, please refer to the 'Getting to know your opponent' thread started by yours truly to read about the initial brawl in the early 1900's that started it all.

The following wiki will answer your question to some extent. Note, this is a wiki authored by a Carolina fan.

The rivalry as explained by a coot.

You may refer to the following authored by yet another coot.

Transparency Incident

The Clemson-Carolina rivalry is most likely the greatest rivalry in the USA between two colleges. Although not well known or well understood outside of the state of South Carolina this rivalry was born out of political, philosophical, and cultural differences between two classes of people. The rivalry has been hot since before Clemson College was established. This rivalry goes well beyond a simple sports rivalry such as that between Michigan and Ohio State or any other "rivalry" you might point out. At times our rivalry is "civil war" within our state.

***SNIP***

The Clemson-Carolina rivalry is most likely the greatest rivalry in the USA between two colleges. Although not well known or well understood outside of the state of South Carolina this rivalry was born out of political, philosophical, and cultural differences between two classes of people. The rivalry has been hot since before Clemson College was established. This rivalry goes well beyond a simple sports rivalry such as that between Michigan and Ohio State or any other "rivalry" you might point out. At times our rivalry is "civil war" within our state.

Alabama and Auburn might disagree...

***SNIP***

Alabama and Auburn might disagree...

I'm sure a lot of those who "think" they have a "rivalry" would disagree with me. If you read the first link I posted you would see that this ain't yo mama's typical rivalry. This isn't about football or sports. That's just one venue where we try to settle things. As I said this rivalry isn't just a simple intra-state or inter-state sports rivalry.

BTW, I did a quick cursory check on rivalries including the Alabama-Auburn rivalry. I didn't find anything interesting to indicate why historically their rivalry is such a good one or so bitter. Its pretty much because "they just hate each other" or because "sports illustrated said so". There is no substance as far as substantiating that claim. Maybe you could help me out and point out something I didn't find in my cursory check. Perhaps you could find some info on some other rivalry that makes it the biggest.

BTW, I did a quick cursory check on rivalries including the Alabama-Auburn rivalry. I didn't find anything interesting to indicate why historically their rivalry is such a good one or so bitter. Its pretty much because "they just hate each other" or because "sports illustrated said so". There is no substance as far as substantiating that claim. Maybe you could help me out and point out something I didn't find in my cursory check. Perhaps you could find some info on some other rivalry that makes it the biggest.

Nothing specific. I live in SEC country, and many of the details of your rivalry with USC Jr. mirrors Auburn-Alabama.

Just off the top of my head, though, is the fact that the series was suspended from 1907 to about 1940 - there were various reasons, including fan behavior and arguments over expenses - plus THIS GEM.

Nothing specific. I live in SEC country, and many of the details of your rivalry with USC Jr. mirrors Auburn-Alabama.

Just off the top of my head, though, is the fact that the series was suspended from 1907 to about 1940 - there were various reasons, including fan behavior and arguments over expenses - plus THIS GEM.

This following excerpt from here is all I found:

"Well, if you aren't, let me explain it in another way. This series was suspended for 41 years, from 1907 to 1948, over a money disagreement. How much money? Well, Auburn wanted a raise in per diem from $2 to $3.50 per player and a raise in traveling men from 17 to 22 for the trip to Birmingham, Alabama. Alabama countered with a $3 offer and a raise to 20 traveling men. Auburn didn't accept the compromise, and thus the series was suspended for 41 years."

I didn't find any specifics about problems between the two schools as a reason for their suspension. Whereas the Clemson-Carolina "Big Thursday" game, as you know, was canceled because of violence between the schools. There was an attempt by state legislators to eliminate South Carolina College as an institution. These other rivalries appear to be sports related. Our rivalry is a clash of cultures as it has from before the inception of Clemson.

As far as individual bad behavior from rogue fans, it is always disappointing to hear about that. Without provocation there are fans who will incite violence just because someone is wearing a college shirt. I don't think there is a college in this country that doesn't have those idiots and its a shame. Unprovoked violence is disturbing.

Essentially, the Clemson-Carolina feelings boil down to this:

Carolina is the drunk relative you try to avoid at family reunions because you KNOW he's going to try to bum money off you, then make an ill-advised remark about your daughter, forgetting in his drunken stupor that you're even related.

Then after the reunion, you go home, click on the TV to try to relax, only to discover he's got a starring role on "True Stories of the Highway Patrol."

Try dealing with this level of rival all your born days. It'll wear you down.

post-6078-1229978122.jpg

post-6078-1229978220.jpg

post-6078-1229978240.jpg