93 Orange Bowl

So much emotion through the 1994 Orange Bowl. Pass is complete and he is tackled with 1 second on the clock and Bobby Bowden is dunked with the Gatorade, and FSU thinks the game is over! Osborne steps out onto the field holding up one finger (No Not That One), his index finger and says, "Nebraska still has one second remaining".

A field goal try and wide left later. FSU wins, but Nebraska had a "moral" victory because we beat the spread of 17. Bowden has said too that "The better team didn't win".

The OP meant the 1994 Orange Bowl. I don't know how anyone here can watch that game. The refs gave that game to FSU. I can't tell you how mad I get just thinking about that "unnecessary roughness" call on FSU's last drive which led to the go-ahead field goal. barely even tapped him out of bounds. Then, there is the second quarter punt return for a TD which was called back on a phantom block in the back, which the announcers themselves couldn't even find.

The OP meant the 1994 Orange Bowl. I don't know how anyone here can watch that game. The refs gave that game to FSU. I can't tell you how mad I get just thinking about that "unnecessary roughness" call on FSU's last drive which led to the go-ahead field goal. barely even tapped him out of bounds. Then, there is the second quarter punt return for a TD which was called back on a phantom block in the back, which the announcers themselves couldn't even find.

IMO that is one of the best football games I have ever seen. But then again I'm a glutton for punishment! I've seen that one more than the 95 Orange, 96 Fiesta and 98 Orange (I have them all on DVD) or the bowls from Devaney's two championship years.

I thought it was a late hit by Miles. Not a really hard hit, but the refs will call that every time. We could not control all the other bad calls, but hitting a player several yards out of bounds was somthing we could control.

I thought it was a late hit by Miles. Not a really hard hit, but the refs will call that every time. We could not control all the other bad calls, but hitting a player several yards out of bounds was somthing we could control.

yeh that's what I meant...late hit...dunno why I said unnecessary roughness...