DL Jerry Brown

• 4 weeks later...

Visit Date: Oct. 28, 2005 (OU)

Scholarships offered: Oklahoma, Illinois, Michigan State, Missouri, Nebraska,

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #40/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: #38/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: He had a dozen sacks and close to 100 tackles. He’ll need to work at the weights and improve his grades a little bit. He’s best as a stand up Defensive end where he can rush hard and fast against an OT.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 50%

• 4 weeks later...

Vashon's Brown tires of the process

By Nate Latsch

SPECIAL TO THE POST-DISPATCH

12/01/2005

Kirkwood Maclin

Kirkwood's Jeremy Maclin missed connections on a chance at an interception in the Thanksgiving Day game, but he's hoping to connect with a major college soon. He has given Oklahoma an oral commitment.

(Gabriel B. Tait/P-D)

A week ago, Vashon's Jerry Brown said he would probably wait until national signing day in February before announcing his college destination.

Now, with the senior defensive end growing weary of the process, Brown might cancel his three remaining official visits and make a commitment in the next few days.

"I might still go on to do it (on signing day), I'm undecided," Brown said. "It's to the point now where I'm getting tired of it. I'm going to weigh my options. I might still take my visits."

Brown, the two-time Public High League defensive player of the year, committed to the University of Illinois in June, but then backed off that pledge. He took his first official visit to Nebraska in late October, which he enjoyed, and then took an official visit to Oklahoma last weekend.

"Things went great up at Oklahoma," Brown said. "It was kind of the same as Nebraska, but I felt more welcome there. After this last visit I'm starting to get tired of recruiting. Very tired."

Brown has an official visit to Illinois scheduled this weekend, and is set to make official visits to Missouri (Dec. 9) and Tennessee (Jan. 13) over the next two months. The Vashon senior said he would wait until Friday to decide whether or not he would make any more visits.

Vashon's Brown tires of the process

"Things went great up at Oklahoma," Brown said. "It was kind of the same as Nebraska, but I felt more welcome there.."

waitaminute. is the kids saying that he felt more at home in Nebraska or Oklahoma?

cause, i just don't see Oklahoma fans being as cool as Nebraska fans. not that saying that sooner fans are bad or anything, i'm just saying that can't be as cool as us.

am i baised?

... maybe... but that don't mean i ain't right.

Decision looks likely before the month is out.

Favorites: Nebraska, Oklahoma, Illinois

Rankings/Stars:

Assessing the talent: He had a dozen sacks and close to 100 tackles. He’ll need to work at the weights and improve his grades a little bit. He’s best as a stand up Defensive end where he can rush hard and fast against an OT.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40%

• 2 weeks later...

Favorites: Recommitted to Illinois

Rankings/Stars:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5%

hello, I heard that he was going to commit today, & I was hoping that it was going to be NU, because of a wk ago, I was listening to crabtree who said that brown was NU's to lose, but brown was all along il to lose - since, he committed there early, then wavered & wanted to visit others schools, & tempted a few of them in the process (NU & ou), & then w/ a complete 360 he chose il, again

- the last couple of wks have shown to me that the recruiting gurus really should not be taken to seriously, since they only know (or pretend to know) only slightly more than the average fan of football recruiting knows (or pretends to known):

crabtree - brown is NU's to lose, wallace's top 2 are NU & pa st (w/ no mention of oh st), & deas is NU's to lose (by the end of the wk deas sets 4 visits to 4 different schools, which shows that there are plenty of schools in the running for his services)

oh well, merry x-mas