possible early signing period?

shagg

kinda heard that they might be voting as to whether to have an early signing period or not...this would be good for college football...basketball have it why not football....how many times have we lost a recruit at the last minute?....i know there's alot of kids out there who knows EXACTLY where they want to go but will take another school along for the ride until the last minute just because they like the attention.....hopefully the early signing period would reduce this a little

You're alway going to have a last minute whatever the signing day is. It's a big decision for kids and I don't see why it would be benefitical to move up that day. Plus it helps to alleviate the boredom between the end of college football and the beginning of baseball.

I think you are confusing early signing day, to signing day.

With an early signing day you have the chance to sign early, before national letter of intent day.

It is good for everyone. I really see no negative to it. You will still have recruiting going on during this period of time, but for example say out of our 21 recruits we have right now maybe 16 are allready signed.....

You're alway going to have a last minute whatever the signing day is. It's a big decision for kids and I don't see why it would be benefitical to move up that day. Plus it helps to alleviate the boredom between the end of college football and the beginning of baseball.

This statement coming from someone who doesn't know anything. The #1 reason is $$$$$$ - There is a lot of money invested in recruiting and they are trying to cut costs. #2 If you invest a lot of time in a rectuit and he switches at the last minute it can affect the long term sucess of teams. #3 They are trying to hold these kids reponsible for their actions.