Jon Gruden Fired??

Hunter94

while he may be "average," who's team did billy c have 'success' with nfl wise then piss away? the guy obviously knows what hes doing. im sorry, there is only so many super bowl champions out there, and if you want to give him crap for winning one with tampa bay because it was dungy's team, well, thats sh*t and you know it. (dont get me started on dungy, peyton might as well have drawn a double salary) granted, this years flop was particularly stupendous, but the guy has IT.

If Callahan won with Gruden's team, Gruden won with Dungy's team. Just watched an interview with Warren Sapp the other day that basically said as much. Tell me what Gruden has done there after 2002 that is noteworthy? The defense Dungy and Kiffin built has carried that team while Gruden's offense floundered. He is a very average NFL coach. Norv Turner is probably just as good of a coach.

you just made my point. Gruden W O N. plain and simple. i dont care who he did it with. dungy couldnt, gruden came in, and W O N. you totally missed the jist of my post. Cally couldnt do it with the angry midget's team, against the angry midget. the guy is obviously smart if can run away (read:forced out) from the diabolical madman and have the ultimate revenge, no? thats the stuff legends are made of bud. im a raiders fan, and screamed for joy when they got rid of callahan. you can only imagine how i felt several months later when we hired their abortion of a coach at nebraska soon after.

I disagree with you. Numbers don't lie, Gruden is about as successful as Norv Turner. Winning one super bowl with a dominating defense that you did not build or instruct and then making 2 wild card appearances in 6 years does not make a legend.