10 Top Reasons to Bring Callahan or Peterson Back to NU

OKay...it's winter. You're bored. The Spring Game is still some months away. Recruiting is just about over. And although I'm not a Nebraska native (I married one, though and she's as knowledgeable about NU football as anyone else I've ever met) I thought to myslef, "Hey...I wonder what the TOP TEN reasons (kinda like Letterman and his "Top Ten") would be for bringing Callahan back as head coach at NU. Here's one: Bringing Callahan back at least makes K-State look like a powerhouse. Any takers??

yes, Street Novelist, as a matter of fact, I DO think I'm funny and can't imagine anything worse than Callahan coming back! Here's a list of the top ten reasons I think would happen should Callahan return:

10. Bringing Callahan back makes K-State look like a powerhouse (The more

“powerhouses” you have , the stronger the conference seems

9. Bringing Callahan back ensures Nebraska summers will be cooler (his attitude toward

you “hillbillies, remember?)

8. Callahan just confirms it as universal knowledge that Tom Osborne is THE football

god of American style football. (remember, TO had NOTHING to do with that hire...)

7. Callahan proves the West Coast Offense belongs on the west coast.

6. Rehiring Callahan sends a sonic boom across the prairie when all 1.8 million

Nebraskans simultaneously utter the sound, “HUH?”

5. Colorado fans are heard to say “YES! We’ll win at least ONE game next year!”

4. New York Jet fans send every Nebraskan a fruit basket for taking Callahan away from

their team.

3. Callahan returns and Nebraskans no longer have to count Memorial Stadium as the 3d largest city in the state on game day. (can you say North Platte or Hastings??)

2. Nebraskans ask Callahan to return to replace Benji, the State Clown

1. Callahan takes his rightful place atop the Capital Building and becomes the new, official cap for the “Penis of the Prairie.”

God, I crack myself up!

Well, I moved to Nevada, because the state of Nebraska wasn't big enough for the two of us...just to bring this conversation up, you should lose credit for 1000 posts on this website... :nutz

Hmmm...now that would put you in the negative numbers, wouldn't it...what does that make you...like the laundry dude instead of being on the scout team?