QB Play vs KU won't settle the North in '09

point being, Nebraska is even stronger this year...with the exception of losing Ganz and Steinkuhler

Yeah, and they weren't any good, and will easily be replaced...right? You also lose your extremely consistant receivers.........

I take it you haven't seen film on Cody Green?

Cody Green wont play. Last time we had a starting QB people thought no one would step in for him, but oh wait, Ganz stepped in just fine after Keller was out for the year. Lee and Witt both have years in the system and Spano has a year. Green will redshirt. No doubt. Steinkuhler is one of 4 d-lineman. Our d-line is WAYY better than your o-line, it wont even be close. JGS, it seems that you ARE the most delusional KU fan i have ever seen in my life. You have 0 credibility after your 2-1 guarantee and guarantee that you beat USF then failure to own your bet with saunders. jayhawk actually brings a pretty open eyed opinion in which is nice to see. JGS, you don't.

I am not in agreement.

I seem to remember putting 35 on Nebraska last year. The reason we lost had a lot to do with not getting stops. We will make some big plays and get our points. Also, we have wont the last 2 in Lawrence, and while there is regime change, hard to discount, as this is a better team you are playing than the one you beat.

The Huskers will probably have an advantage against our line, Suh is an insano beast, so I do not discount that. I look for us to win, but it should be a great game. Not sure on the CU prediction, we have beat them 3 years running and our team is getting deeper each year, and Mizzou is losing a lot of key guys, so we will see how they do by the end of the year when they play us. It will be NU / KU for the North, either team can win that game, and should be fun to watch.

i would be willing to bet that NU wont drop a shoulder into reesing this year <_<

but, the game is won in the trenches.. i really don't think you can say this is a better team than the one we beat.. the weapons on Offense have more experience, but that will mean nothing if reesing is on his back all day.

I completely disagree with the fans on here. CU and MU will be better than KU?? How do you figure? We return the most skill players than any other team in the north. And it's hilarious that husker fans think we'll take a step back in the trenches. We return basically our entire defensive line, and return both tackles, our tight end, and we have very capable guys who will replace our middle 3 on offense. Nebraska has new receivers and a new QB. You lose way too much on offense to think you'll go 5-0 in the north. And last time I checked, Texas had the best defense in the Big 12, and only ranked 51 nationally. So your defense is far from the best. We'll score 30 plus on you in Lawrence. How will you score is the real question.

Next year CU might be better than KU but no way Mizzou is. But as I recall I remember putting up 45 on Kansas last year and I bet a couple of shoulders will be dropped by reesing

point being, Nebraska is even stronger this year...with the exception of losing Ganz and Steinkuhler

Yeah, and they weren't any good, and will easily be replaced...right? You also lose your extremely consistant receivers.........

Cody Green wont play. Last time we had a starting QB people thought no one would step in for him, but oh wait, Ganz stepped in just fine after Keller was out for the year. Lee and Witt both have years in the system and Spano has a year. Green will redshirt. No doubt. Steinkuhler is one of 4 d-lineman. Our d-line is WAYY better than your o-line, it wont even be close. JGS, it seems that you ARE the most delusional KU fan i have ever seen in my life. You have 0 credibility after your 2-1 guarantee and guarantee that you beat USF then failure to own your bet with saunders. jayhawk actually brings a pretty open eyed opinion in which is nice to see. JGS, you don't.

OK, Huskerhavoc, Lets talk about credibility. I missed 3 games last year-USF, Texas and Texas Tech. I got the KU over MU game correct. Everyone on this board was thunping their chest and proclaiming the order was restored the summer before Callahan's last year. You ALL had self-annointed yourself's Big 12 Champs. So if I have 0 credibility, then what does that say for everyone else on this board? :)

OK, Huskerhavoc, Lets talk about credibility. I missed 3 games last year-USF, Texas and Texas Tech. I got the KU over MU game correct. Everyone on this board was thunping their chest and proclaiming the order was restored the summer before Callahan's last year. You ALL had self-annointed yourself's Big 12 Champs. So if I have 0 credibility, then what does that say for everyone else on this board? :)

You're kind of a troll. Just sayin'. Pretty sure I heard all this crap before last season. What was it? 10-2? 9-3 at the worst if I recall?

You're kind of a troll. Just sayin'. Pretty sure I heard all this crap before last season. What was it? 10-2? 9-3 at the worst if I recall?

So I'm a troll because I stated a fact??? Real Classy Josh. You don't see me on here calling people names.

So I'm a troll because I stated a fact??? Real Classy Josh. You don't see me on here calling people names.

You are a troll for sure. You call our defense the "pink shirts", just to get a reaction from posters here, and that is what a troll does. The fact is, with Texas losing some key defensive players, The Huskers and OU will have by far the best defenses in the Big 12. That gives NU a big advantage over everyone in the North, and that my friend, is a fact.

JGS30? Come on. He's ALWAYS been a cool and respectful Jayhawks fan around here. Obviously his sunglasses are tinted blue rather than rose. Deal with it! Some of you though...are drinking more than kool-aid... "obviously you haven't seen film of Cody Green", are you kidding me?!

Basically you want to hang him for unrealistically thinking his team will be great. Honestly, that's extremely hypocritical. You've got to be delusional if you don't think we are going to lose a lot on the offense.

Right now, we don't know what kind of a guy we have at Quarterback, and who our offensive playmakers are going to be. It's full of question marks and you guys are willing to brush them aside with a "___ will clearly step up" as if there's any real basis to those kinds of statements. "Ganz stepped up when nobody expected him to, therefore we'll have a QB step in and be just fine"? Wow. What incredible logic.

* (paraphrasing here, no direct quotes)

* Also, I think the OP makes some very well-thought out and fair points. This will be a match to watch.

The fact is, with Texas losing some key defensive players, The Huskers and OU will have by far the best defenses in the Big 12. That gives NU a big advantage over everyone in the North, and that my friend, is a fact.

(emphasis mine) You might wish to consult a dictionary, my friend.

JGS30? Come on. He's ALWAYS been a cool and respectful Jayhawks fan around here. Obviously his sunglasses are tinted blue rather than rose. Deal with it! Some of you though...are drinking more than kool-aid... "obviously you haven't seen film of Cody Green", are you kidding me?!

Basically you want to hang him for unrealistically thinking his team will be great. Honestly, that's extremely hypocritical. You've got to be delusional if you don't think we are going to lose a lot on the offense.

Right now, we don't know what kind of a guy we have at Quarterback, and who our offensive playmakers are going to be. It's full of question marks and you guys are willing to brush them aside with a "___ will clearly step up" as if there's any real basis to those kinds of statements. "Ganz stepped up when nobody expected him to, therefore we'll have a QB step in and be just fine"? Wow. What incredible logic.

* (paraphrasing here, no direct quotes)

* Also, I think the OP makes some very well-thought out and fair points. This will be a match to watch.

The fact is, with Texas losing some key defensive players, The Huskers and OU will have by far the best defenses in the Big 12. That gives NU a big advantage over everyone in the North, and that my friend, is a fact.

(emphasis mine) You might wish to consult a dictionary, my friend.

Thank you zoogies, that's my point exactly!! Yes, I do my fair share of "chigging kool-aid", especially the jayhawk juice, but you can't deny the fact that there are two positions that are key for any team. #1 is the QB spot, which is clearly a question mark for NU. #2 would be the offensive tackles, of course because it all starts up front.

I take shos at their predictions because they won't even acknowledge the fact that they are losing some guys and it will be difficult to replace Ganz and company. KU has just as legit shot as NU at winning the North. Period. And I doubt I get banned from the board because I don't take personal shots at people on this board. Unlike the two posters that called me a troll.

You are a troll for sure. You call our defense the "pink shirts", just to get a reaction from posters here, and that is what a troll does. The fact is, with Texas losing some key defensive players, The Huskers and OU will have by far the best defenses in the Big 12. That gives NU a big advantage over everyone in the North, and that my friend, is a fact.

You should be banned from this board after comparing OU's talent on defense to Nebraska's. That's clearly one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. They recruit 5 star athletes, and play at a completely different level than both NU and KU. Please, never make another stupid comment like that again.

You should be banned from this board after comparing OU's talent on defense to Nebraska's. That's clearly one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. They recruit 5 star athletes, and play at a completely different level than both NU and KU. Please, never make another stupid comment like that again.

Keep on talking troll, but you are insane to lump the Huskers in with KU. The fact of the matter is that OU was exposed as overated once again by a team with a real defense, such as the one that Bo is developing at Nebraska. The rest of the Big 12 has gone soft on D, including KU's. The job Bo and his staff did this year is amazing. He patched holes with walk-ons all over the place. We have the kind of players Bo likes( speed, speed and more speed) chopping at the bit, after redshirting last year. Our team will get pressure on Bradford next year, and we will give them all they can handle. Man, I can't wait till next year, so you can once again look like a fool with you're stupid predictions.

I completely disagree with the fans on here. CU and MU will be better than KU?? How do you figure? We return the most skill players than any other team in the north. And it's hilarious that husker fans think we'll take a step back in the trenches. We return basically our entire defensive line, and return both tackles, our tight end, and we have very capable guys who will replace our middle 3 on offense. Nebraska has new receivers and a new QB. You lose way too much on offense to think you'll go 5-0 in the north. And last time I checked, Texas had the best defense in the Big 12, and only ranked 51 nationally. So your defense is far from the best. We'll score 30 plus on you in Lawrence. How will you score is the real question.

Ahh yes, I was waiting for this argument about defenses to start. *cracks knuckles*

So, in 2007, Nebraska finishes with what, the worst defense in the Big 12 and one of the worst nationally? Then, in ONE year's time, Nebraska's defense ends up being second in the Big 12, out-defensing the likes of teams that have had their DC's in place for years (the entire B12 North). Hell, Nebraska's defense was almost better than Muschamp's, and he's supposed to be one of the best defensive minds in the Big 12 and the future HC of Texas. Pelini jumped the defense 50+ spots in the national rankings.

Without question, Bo Pelini is the best defensive mind in the Big 12. You saw what he did in one year with guy's he didn't pick, and now this year some of his hand picked defensive guys will be making starts. It's pretty embarrassing that 10 Big 12 teams got outplayed defensively by a guy who has only been here one year, so any other team hounding our defense (and isn't Texas) obviously forgot their own.

Nebraska's winning strategy: get a shutout defense, have a point-producing offense with some playmakers, but DON'T make the offense the priority. Championships are won with defense, and everybody seems to think their offense should be the bragging point. OU was the team that couldn't be stopped offensively. The team that put up 60+ points all year couldn't even put up 20 against Florida. I expect Nebraska to be top 30 defensively next year, and there is no way (if my projection is correct) Kansas will take out Nebraska with our defense, it just won't happen.

I honestly didn't mean it as a personal attack, it just seems like 95% of your posts are to pimp Kansas and denigrate Nebraska. That would be the very definition of a troll unless you're posting in a different area on the forum (Other Big XII teams for example).

I was also simply pointing out the fact that you predicted Kansas would go 10-2 or 9-3 last year and they didn't even come close to living up to those expectations. If one of the mods thinks it was a personal attack and wants to up my warning status, then it is what it is.

I guess I just don't understand why you feel the need to post about how great Kansas is on a Nebraska message board. Do you like to argue with people you know will disagree with you? Do you just like to cause a ruckus? I'm sorry you felt my post was classless, but I was speaking honestly. You didn't see the Clemson people coming here to tell us how great they were and they were better than Kansas this year.

I'm not trying to tell you how to post, what to post, or where to post. Honestly. I'm just saying that I've noticed an obvious pattern to your posts and if I call you on it, I don't think I'm being classless or personally attacking you. Good luck next year and in the basketball season.