Cody Green Article

Why is the new QB always the best one we have? I'm not saying he's better, but looking back at Zac Lee's ratings he was actually rated higher than Cody, and posted the same 40 time. Also the numbers he put up were at the collegiate level not high school. And then there's Witt who seems to be playing better than he was rated coming out of high school. NU has some good options, any of these guys could turn out to be the best we've ever seen around here. If it's a true freshmen I'll be surprised! Should be fun to watch it all shake out.

GBR

Why is the new QB always the best one we have?

It's the whole "the grass is greener" concept. It seems to be especially bad at the QB position. Anybody remember when the fans wanted Dukes and then Dailey to come off the bench? And most of last season fans wanted Helu starting instead of Lucky - even though the offense was moving the ball quite well with the rotation we had.

I used to fight against this mentality, but I've given up as it's just one of those things fans do. Like convincing ourselves we're making a MNC run every off-season.

Very nice article, but if Green competes and wins the job I don't have a problem with him starting

Couldn't agree more. If the kid is the best for the job give him the start! I don't think Green is as ready as somebody like Terrell Pryor (sp?) was, but if the kid gets the playbook down and does what he needs to do then he deserves it. I like to think of the kid as a young Vince Young, he has almost the same body type minus a few inches, but he's a much better pocket passer than Young was coming out of high school.

Lest we not forget, with only Chance Mock ahead of him on the depth chart, the immortal Vince Young.... REDSHIRTED!!! NOt many seem to remember that. With Witt gone, I think we have an ideal situation for Cody. He RS's this year, tormenting the 1st team D all year and getting them ready for Robert Griffin. Zac Lee takes control of the Offense (not saying he'll be Joe Ganz this year, but a servicable running a game and an improved Defense will help.) In 2010, Green will get his opportunites in small packages, if Lee has proved his mettle. Than, in 2011, as a RS Sophomore, Cody will have 3 springs, 2 falls and some game experience to take the reigns. I think that would be a great situation to have happen.