All Time Offensive Tackle

All Time OT  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Offensive Tackle spot is like the guard and center. We have had so many quality guys come through that the list needed to be narrowed down. I only included All Americans and multi-year All Conference performers. Weir and Kramer are the only ones listed from before 1970 because they were both Unanimous All Americans. Same rule as all the other ones if you don’t see your guy please select other and type him in.

had to go with Wiegert...from huskers.com:

A consensus All-American, Wiegert led NU to its 11th NCAA rushing title and first national title since 1971. The Huskers averaged 340 yards per game on the ground as the Fremont, Neb., native led Nebraska with 113 pancake blocks in 1994. He even earned one first-place vote for the Heisman, ending up tied for ninth with 27 points. In addition to winning the Outland, he was a finalist for the Lombardi Award, a consensus All-American, the UPI Lineman of the Year and the Touchdown Club of Columbus Offensive Lineman of the Year. His No. 72 jersey was retired before the 1995 season.

Seriously............only one vote for Weir? <_<

It's kind of hard to believe that an offensive tackle can singlehandedly win any game, much less beat the Four Horsemen.

Maybe he shut them down defensively, but this is for offensive tackle.

Seriously, it's just hard to vote for anyone who played over 80 years ago. Sounds like he was a great player and a great guy.

Seriously............only one vote for Weir? <_<

It's kind of hard to believe that an offensive tackle can singlehandedly win any game, much less beat the Four Horsemen.

Maybe he shut them down defensively, but this is for offensive tackle.

Seriously, it's just hard to vote for anyone who played over 80 years ago. Sounds like he was a great player and a great guy.

:yeah

Had to go with Weir.

After beating the Four Horsemen in '22 and '23, Nebraska lost to the Irish in 1924. After the game though, Knute Rockne insisted on going into the Nebraska locker room to talk to Ed Weir. Rockne told him this. "Weir, I want to say to your face that you're the greatest tackle and the cleanest player I've ever watched."

Good enough for me.