Count me as surprised

fro daddy

I really like Columbia. Have never lived there. Just a lot of visits. But I am a little surprised at the following list that Forbes did. They have put together a list of the top 10 college sports town to live in.

Using housing data from Coldwell Banker; schools and crime data from NeighborhoodScout, a Rhode Island-based demographics firm; the FBI and No Child Left Behind Statistics, as well as standings in the Director's Cup for athletic performance, we calculated this list of the 10 best college towns in the U.S.

Here is the list:

1. Ann Arbor MI

2. Palo Alto CA

3. Madison WI

4. State College PA

5. Lexington KY

6. Fayetteville AR

7. Chapel Hill NC

8. Columbia MO

9. Charlottesville VA

10. Bloomington IN

Maybe that location crack that some crazy fans use has some merit afterall... :dunno

j/k :lol:

I really like Columbia. Have never lived there. Just a lot of visits. But I am a little surprised at the following list that Forbes did. They have put together a list of the top 10 college sports town to live in.

Using housing data from Coldwell Banker; schools and crime data from NeighborhoodScout, a Rhode Island-based demographics firm; the FBI and No Child Left Behind Statistics, as well as standings in the Director's Cup for athletic performance, we calculated this list of the 10 best college towns in the U.S.

Here is the list:

1. Ann Arbor MI

2. Palo Alto CA

3. Madison WI

4. State College PA

5. Lexington KY

6. Fayetteville AR

7. Chapel Hill NC

8. Columbia MO

9. Charlottesville VA

10. Bloomington IN

Maybe that location crack that some crazy fans use has some merit afterall... :dunno

Any list of top ten places that includes Columbia is in question, but given my bias, I will make a point that nearly all of humanity can agree on. Freaking Fayetteville is on the list. That town is so backwards (for a college town), that when my high school football team rolled down to play football there from KC in Razorback stadium, the black fans sat seperately from the white fans. This was in 1991, in what one would hope to be a town that had moved a LITTLE farther ahead in race relations. I don't think anyone forced that to happen, but it was VERY weird to see, and very obvious. Any town that has even self imposed fan segragation is off the list. Plus, it's Arkansas people. I have been more than once, I am not buying it. Not that Fayetteville is awful, it is ok, but top 10? The Arkansas landscape is beautiful, but it is not well known for dominating the rankings in a positive way in much of anything. I will defer to our Admin from Arkansas though, I would be interested to hear his thoughts. AR Husker always seems to have a balanced view.

Here is the list:

1. Ann Arbor MI

2. Palo Alto CA

3. Madison WI

4. State College PA

5. Lexington KY

6. Fayetteville AR

7. Chapel Hill NC

8. Columbia MO

9. Charlottesville VA

10. Bloomington IN

Any list that does not include Lincoln is invalid... :sarcasm ...Seriously though? number 8?

I think I am going to start making some lists...Although the last time someone in my family made a list, he got ripped off. My older brother wanted to make this web site where people could by and sell things, much like the classifies. He was going to call it Gregslist..Some bastard named Craig ripped him off...<_<

Hmm... on second thought, I think I will just stick to bitching about stuipid lists! :thumbs