WR Keith Sconiers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

Richards is kind of an odd school when it comes to IL high school football, if this kid was in the NW burbs or East St. Louis, he would probably be a 4* and top 30 WR kind of guy.

The fact that Zona is way out in IL to get this kid tells you a lot. Who ever the poster was that said this kids stock is on the way up is dead on.

Richards is kind of an odd school when it comes to IL high school football, if this kid was in the NW burbs or East St. Louis, he would probably be a 4* and top 30 WR kind of guy.

The fact that Zona is way out in IL to get this kid tells you a lot. Who ever the poster was that said this kids stock is on the way up is dead on.

Richards , has sent over 300 kids to play college football in the last 30 years. it has 2 titles and one runner up finish. . It had the state record for 23 years straight of making the playoffs.The recently retired Coach Gary Korhonen has the state record for wins., in the state of Illinois.It is a football school, that makes sure its players , play college football and get an education if they so desire. They get more recruiters thru the school than most if not all of the chicago and suburban schools.Also , they all know the way to Richards high school. The QB from the 95 team that went 12 and 1 , Tony Sheehan is now the head coach. So ,I do not believe it is an odd school in term of IL.. high school football. All the colleges know about Sconiers. ,and Richards high school.

Richards , has sent over 300 kids to play college football in the last 30 years. it has 2 titles and one runner up finish. . It had the state record for 23 years straight of making the playoffs.The recently retired Coach Gary Korhonen has the state record for wins., in the state of Illinois.It is a football school, that makes sure its players , play college football and get an education if they so desire. They get more recruiters thru the school than most if not all of the chicago and suburban schools.Also , they all know the way to Richards high school. The QB from the 95 team that went 12 and 1 , Tony Sheehan is now the head coach. So ,I do not believe it is an odd school in term of IL.. high school football. All the colleges know about Sconiers. ,and Richards high school.

It is an odd school in terms of IL high school football, they were 4-5 last year, they play in a smaller class then the big dog schools like East St. Louis, WW South, Napervilles, Downers Groves N/S. They used to win lots of regular season games because of where and who they played but usually lost out early in the playoffs and sending kids to play college ball is not that difficult, sending kids to play D1 ball is what we are talking about. In IL alone you have about 10 colleges/universities within short driving distance of Richards so lots of the kids can find places to play, but generally not D1. North Central, SIU, WIU, EIU, AU just to name a few in the area. All play football and all are not D1

They are odd, like I said, because they are a team that wins (used to) lots of regular season games, plays teams that suck and then get beat in the playoffs. If you think Richards even sniffs the amount of recruiters that the other schools I listed then well, I dont mean to be rude but you are wrong. Hell East St. Louis (who I had to play twice in high school) had 3 D1 recruits just this year, I think two of them were top 250 players. Again, I am not saying they are a bad team, they are good, usually really good in the regular season especially, they are just not the same as the really big schools in the burbs or the Mt Carmels and Joliet Catholics.

Look E. St louis took a while to be good again after Coach Shannon left. Richards has sent over 85 players to play D-1 football. Also Richards has won over 50 plus playoff games.And made the Quarterfinals over 20 plus times.They are a 6A school , and under the old system were a 4A school , based on football and regular enrollment. There are not to many schools that have won over 50 playoff games. It was probably the term odd school that got my attention. Good luck for whoever your team is in 2009.

Look E. St louis took a while to be good again after Coach Shannon left. Richards has sent over 85 players to play D-1 football. Also Richards has won over 50 plus playoff games.And made the Quarterfinals over 20 plus times.They are a 6A school , and under the old system were a 4A school , based on football and regular enrollment. There are not to many schools that have won over 50 playoff games. It was probably the term odd school that got my attention. Good luck for whoever your team is in 2009.

I didnt mean bad, I just meant odd because of the location of the school, I think you would agree that the power teams our out in the Naperville , DG, WW area. Of course there are crappy teams there too.

I also never meant to imply that Richards coach was bad, he wasnt. My team is Downers Grove North, thats who I played for the same time you guys went 12-1 in 95. I was on DGNs 2nd place team, we lost to Thorton in the championship game.

Player: Keith Sconiers

Hometown: Oak Lawn, IL

Position: WR

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: TBD

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota

Favorites: Arizona, Boston College, Colorado, Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Tennessee, Wisconsin

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

hasn't received much attention so far..that will change

Akron and Louisville have offered.

I didnt mean bad, I just meant odd because of the location of the school, I think you would agree that the power teams our out in the Naperville , DG, WW area. Of course there are crappy teams there too.

I also never meant to imply that Richards coach was bad, he wasnt. My team is Downers Grove North, thats who I played for the same time you guys went 12-1 in 95. I was on DGNs 2nd place team, we lost to Thorton in the championship game.

Glad to here you went to a public school. Good luck to your alma mater DGN, this year.I think that the south suburbs, southwest suburbs(Publics), and the Privates in this area have done well for many years also. Heck .We lost to Wheaton Central ( WWS)in 91 and had 11 players get DI, D1AA, or D2 full ride scholarships.,from that team.I appreciate the feedback.Good Luck to you .