WR Keith Sconiers

Richards is kind of an odd school when it comes to IL high school football, if this kid was in the NW burbs or East St. Louis, he would probably be a 4* and top 30 WR kind of guy.

The fact that Zona is way out in IL to get this kid tells you a lot. Who ever the poster was that said this kids stock is on the way up is dead on.

Richards , has sent over 300 kids to play college football in the last 30 years. it has 2 titles and one runner up finish. . It had the state record for 23 years straight of making the playoffs.The recently retired Coach Gary Korhonen has the state record for wins., in the state of Illinois.It is a football school, that makes sure its players , play college football and get an education if they so desire. They get more recruiters thru the school than most if not all of the chicago and suburban schools.Also , they all know the way to Richards high school. The QB from the 95 team that went 12 and 1 , Tony Sheehan is now the head coach. So ,I do not believe it is an odd school in term of IL.. high school football. All the colleges know about Sconiers. ,and Richards high school.

Look E. St louis took a while to be good again after Coach Shannon left. Richards has sent over 85 players to play D-1 football. Also Richards has won over 50 plus playoff games.And made the Quarterfinals over 20 plus times.They are a 6A school , and under the old system were a 4A school , based on football and regular enrollment. There are not to many schools that have won over 50 playoff games. It was probably the term odd school that got my attention. Good luck for whoever your team is in 2009.

I didnt mean bad, I just meant odd because of the location of the school, I think you would agree that the power teams our out in the Naperville , DG, WW area. Of course there are crappy teams there too.

I also never meant to imply that Richards coach was bad, he wasnt. My team is Downers Grove North, thats who I played for the same time you guys went 12-1 in 95. I was on DGNs 2nd place team, we lost to Thorton in the championship game.

Glad to here you went to a public school. Good luck to your alma mater DGN, this year.I think that the south suburbs, southwest suburbs(Publics), and the Privates in this area have done well for many years also. Heck .We lost to Wheaton Central ( WWS)in 91 and had 11 players get DI, D1AA, or D2 full ride scholarships.,from that team.I appreciate the feedback.Good Luck to you .

Dude that WWS program is sick! So are the N'villes and freaking bolingbrook was insane for awhile too!

We didnt see to many private schools out our way, benet and montini but we never played them, they were so much smaller then us. We totally thread jacked this thread haha SORRY

Player: Keith Sconiers

Hometown: Oak Lawn, IL

Position: WR

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: TBD

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota

Favorites: Arizona, Boston College, Colorado, Eastern Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Purdue, Tennessee, Wisconsin

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

hasn't received much attention so far..that will change

Akron and Louisville have offered.

Keith Sconiers says he now favors Minnesota slightly over Illinois, Arizona, Iowa, Louisville and Michigan State. He’s already attended junior days at Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin, but none of those have offered. The Gophers were the first to offer and Sconiers has already visited them. “I like the coaches a lot,” Sconiers said. “We get along great. It’s a nice school. I liked the area..."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Oak Lawn (Ill.) Richards three star ranked senior wide receiver prospect Keith Sconiers (6-foot-3, 175 pounds) and his Bulldog teammates are off to a good start so far this fall. Sconiers talks about his senior season so far along with latest recruiting news, as Sconiers is starting to set up official visits and has narrowed down his favorite to three schools this fall.

Keith Sconiers has scheduled his first official visit for Nov. 21 when he’ll be visiting Arizona for their Oregon game. “I’ve never been there,” Sconiers said about the Grand Canyon state. “I’m pretty excited because I’ve heard some great things about the school and the campus. I also really like their offense. And the coaches say they’d be able to get the ball to me a lot...”

• 3 months later...

“I had offers from Arizona, Louisville, Minnesota and Indiana,” Keith Sconiers said. “But they aren’t recruiting me anymore." The two offers that Sconiers says he still has for sure are from Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan, but he’s hopeful he’ll get others. Sconiers says he has an official visit scheduled to Illinois for Jan. 22 and hopes the Fighting Illini offer.