Did Bo show up in Lawrence on KU's Junior Day?

I have seen rumors on a prominent KU board that Bo was in Lawrence yesterday during our Junior day. He was supposedly spotted at the basketball game.

To clarify....

1. I have not seen a picture, althougth the rumors say they were he behind the NU bench I thought one of you all might have noticed

2. the rumor implied he might even talked to recruits, but that was not clear

3. I was not there, just read about it and was curious

If he did go, maybe he just wanted to support the basketball team and at the same time let his family check out Allen Field House. It is at or near the top of everyone's lists of the best place to watch college basketball, so it could have been a chance to watch his Huskers and have that experience. I do think that if it was true he was intentionally trying to be there on KU junior day, and even worse if he talked to recruits, that it was not a nice move. I want to reiterate, though, that I do not feel on firm factual ground that he was there, and until I do, I will limit my analysis to what i have just said.

Did anyone hear anything about that or see Bo at the game?

Yes, Bo was at the game.

He attended it with his kids and sat behind the NU bench. He was wearing a gray shirt, nothing with anything husker on it. He applauded when the Huskers did something good, and talked to his kids.

He was there for the support of the Husker basketball team and nothing more. Allen Fieldhouse is one of the best places to go to a game, and if you have the opportunity to go, you probably wouldn't pass it up. Besides, Bo supports all Husker athletics.

It's not his fault that KU's junior day happened to be on the same day. KU fans can make all the accusations they want to try and smear NU and Bo's reputation, but he did nothing wrong.

Oh, and there was no contact made with the recruits. That's in direct violation of coach contact with potential recruits rules.

Now, if Bo was down there watching KU play Colorado or KState or Texas, then yes....I think some questions would deservedly arise, but he was there watching his school play basketball.

Nothing more. Move along.

I've seen Bo at many Husker Basketball and Baseball games always with his kids and family. Even if Bo talked to a recruit you act like he would sit down and talk with them... IF he even talked to them it would have been a individual recruit that he is familiar with and who wouldn't say hi?

Although I doubt he would even have a chance to say anything because every time I've even seen him he was with his kids or wife all of the time either watching a game or getting concessions.

Its pretty funny you KU fans are trying to make a big deal about our coach traveling to support our athletics.

Guys, jayhawk was not casting aspersions on Bo - in fact, he took great pains to say that he was just trying to get the actual facts, and that until he had them he would not comment. Given what everyone has said - that Bo regularly attends other Husker sports, that he had his family with him, that he didn't speak to recruits - I would venture to say that jayhawk is cool with the whole thing.

We need to be a tad less sensitive...

Guys, jayhawk was not casting aspersions on Bo - in fact, he took great pains to say that he was just trying to get the actual facts, and that until he had them he would not comment. Given what everyone has said - that Bo regularly attends other Husker sports, that he had his family with him, that he didn't speak to recruits - I would venture to say that jayhawk is cool with the whole thing.

Yep. And IIRC, it WOULD be a violation of NCAA rules if Bo were to talk to a recruit at this point in time. I apologize in advance if I'm wrong about that.

some of us are just a bit senstive because of the hawk board...if you venture over there it's enough to want to compare them to another school in the state of kansas...

some of us are just a bit senstive because of the hawk board...if you venture over there it's enough to want to compare them to another school in the state of kansas...

The board I get my stuff from is not a public one, and I don't post there, I just get information. Was just curious, I had seen some rumblings. Since we recruit against Nebraska a fair amount these days, you can imagine that some posters would wonder why Bo would be in Lawrence on our Junior day. I was just wondering what people knew, and if it was even true he and his family were there. I was not casting any stones, was just curious.

Allen Field House really is a great place to watch a Basketball game. It is really a good example of what college Basketball is all about. I have been to A&M, OU and of course Lincoln on football road trips and those were all very neat experiences. for the same reason, I would say if you get a chance to come to Allen Field House, it is worth the 3 hour drive to have the experience.

The board I get my stuff from is not a public one, and I don't post there, I just get information. Was just curious, I had seen some rumblings. Since we recruit against Nebraska a fair amount these days, you can imagine that some posters would wonder why Bo would be in Lawrence on our Junior day. iwas just wondering what people knew, and if it was even true he and his family were there. I was not casting any stones, was just curious.

Allen Field House really is a great place to watch a Basketball game. It is really a good example of what college Basketball is all about. I have been to A&M, OU and of course Lincoln on road trips and those were all very neat experiences. for the same reason, I would say if you get a chance to come to Allen Field House, it is worth the 3 hour drive to have the experience.

you're being very logical about this and i appreciate it, he was just there for the nebraska game, nothing more.