NET to carry a minimum of 5 nebraska baseball games

Lincoln -- A minimum of five Husker baseball games will be televised this season, as the Nebraska baseball program announced its 2009 television package with NET on Thursday. All five games will be carried across Nebraska on NET-1 and in high definition on NET-HD.

The 2009 telecast schedule begins on Tuesday, April 7, as the Huskers host Creighton in the first of three matchups between the programs this season. First pitch from Hawks Field is set for 6:05 p.m. and the game will also be carried nationally on CBS College Sports. The first Big 12 matchup is on Thursday, April 9, as the Huskers and nationally ranked Texas open a three-game series in Lincoln. The NU-UT matchup will be carried nationally on CBS College Sports as well as on NET-1.

The 2009 TV schedule also includes Big 12 matchups against Missouri (May 2) and Baylor (May 16) and a non-conference tilt against Cal State Bakersfield (May 10). The NU-Cal State Bakersfield contest will also be simulcast nationally on CBS College Sports.

Other games could be picked up for television broadcast during the season, as other Big 12 and Nebraska television partners announce their broadcast schedules.

2009 Nebraska Baseball Schedule on NET Television

Date Opponent First Pitch Television

Tues, April 7 Creighton 6:05 p.m. NET/CBS College Sports

Thurs, April 9 Texas 6:05 p.m. NET/CBS College Sports

Sat., May 2 Missouri 2:05 p.m. NET

Sun., May 10 Cal State Bakersfield 1:05 p.m. NET/CBS College Sports

Sat., May 16 Baylor 2:05 p.m. NET

hopefully NET will cover more games

Link to article

Glad to see that they are on TV.

Too bad I don't have NET TV though :bang

Not 100% sure but i do know NET broadcasts a lot of their sporting events simultaneously online....

They're free on Huskers.com.

Also, I don't think NET will show any more regular season games than this. If Nebraska were to host a regional, they'd have those. But I haven't heard anything from Fox Sports Net and MyTV (who showed at least 3 games last year.)

Glad to see that they are on TV.

Too bad I don't have NET TV though :bang

Not 100% sure but i do know NET broadcasts a lot of their sporting events simultaneously online....

They're free on Huskers.com.

Also, I don't think NET will show any more regular season games than this. If Nebraska were to host a regional, they'd have those. But I haven't heard anything from Fox Sports Net and MyTV (who showed at least 3 games last year.)

free as in the NET broadcast? because games themselves are not free.... Nside only. But if they are through NET then I would assume huskers.com is just giving out the same feed as NET....no reason to pay someone to shoot it when it's already being done.