TE Travis Dickson

Player: Travis Dickson

Hometown: Ocean Springs, MS

Position: TE

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 235 lbs.

40 time: 4.7

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arkansas, Auburn, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Stanford, Tennessee

Favorites: Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss

COMMITTED TO LSU

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

TE/DE/FB Travis Dickson Ht: 6-3 Wt: 225 Ocean Springs, MS NR/Rivals250 to Watch/ESPN150 Watch List

Bro goes to LSU.

ESPN has analysis:

Like his older brother Richard, Dickson is a versatile, high motor, and productive football player. Also, Travis just like his brother is tough not to like. He simply comes across as a football playing dude and you can't help but think that no matter where you line this kid up on the field he will find a way to get the job done and be productive. He is a legit prospect on both sides of the ball. On defense he is a physical defensive end. Displays a good get-off. When he is active with his hands he can engage and shed from blockers. He will at times play with a banger mentality and lead with his shoulder and you would like to see him be more consistent with his hands.

<snip>

Dickson is a good end prospect, but his best fit may be on offense as an H-Back. He lacks ideal height for the tight end position, but can be very good in a dual tight end / fullback role. He has good hands and is very tough to bring down after the catch. Can be productive on pop passes and in the intermediate passing game. He is a physical and tenacious blocker. From the fullback spot he can bring the wood as a lead blocker and can test second level defenders spirit when they need to step up and take him on. He does a good job of coming in low, and exploding from the hips to drive through the block. He is no big runner, but he can gain some yards on quick hitters and punish tacklers along the way. Tough to say where he will end up position wise and that will likely be determined by the school he picks. We may give the slight edge to offense, but either way just a heck of a football player. More.

Nebraska pursuing him on D or maybe there is a strong need for a good blocking TE.

• 2 weeks later...

From Husker Journal. Looks like this guy could play TE or DE...wants to visit us.

APRIL 7, 2009. PREP STAR

TRAVIS DICKSON, DE, 6-3, 225, 4.6, OCEAN SPRINGS, MISSISSIPPI

Travis has offers from LSU, Mississippi State, Mississippi, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida State, Missouri, Nebraska and Duke

Keeping Busy This Spring

“I didn’t make it to any junior days we were playing baseball right now. We have baseball games on the weekends, I play DH. I don’t plan on playing baseball in college.” Dickson said

“My brother use to play at LSU, I’ve been to some of the games there. It’s a real good atmosphere on Saturday night. Gameday is nuts over there.” Dickson said

No Stranger To LSU

I know all the coaches at LSU. I’ve been talking to coach Myles a lot since the 9th grade. That’s how Bo Pelini (Nebraska) knew about me when he was at LSU. I met Bo at a summer camp.” Dickson said

“I just got an offer from Tennessee,” Dickson said, “I’m going to try to make it up there and see a game this fall.”

“My brother really liked Tennessee when he was playing at LSU. Both of my parents really liked it up there (Knoxville) when LSU played at Tennessee. I haven’t been able to make the trip yet (Tennessee) but I want to check things out.”

In State Schools

“I just watched Mississippi State practice. I was supposed to visit Ole Miss last week but we had a rain delay in baseball and we had to make that up. Mississippi State has good facilities, they have a new academic center the weight room is real nice.” Dickson said

“I like Coach Mullen (Mississippi State) I talked to him at practice. I know Coach Mullen will turn the program around. I like how he talks about it, he seems like he is the man.” Dickson added

Missouri Ties

“I don’t know too much about Missouri but my position coach Josh Henson is the new offensive line coach at Missouri. I’ve talked to him a couple of times, things like scenery, the town and everything. I really do want to make a visit over there (Columbia). When I make the trip to Missouri I will stop by and see Nebraska.” Dickson said

Huskers Have A Chance

“I’m real interested in Nebraska,” Dickson said, “I’m trying to get a good look at everybody. It’s doesn’t matter how far away or anything. My parents are pretty much retired, I’m their last child so they can go anywhere for the weekend.”

“I like Coach Bo Pelini. I’ve talked to Bo a couple of times on the phone. Bo wanted me to come down for the spring game. It would be hard I have a baseball game that weekend.” Dickson said “I really like the letters they show me. If I make a visit to Nebraska it will have to be during the summer.”

“I haven’t narrowed it down at all. I’m just trying to make all my visits right now and see everybody. I’m going to try to take all five officials before I decide. The way I’m looking at it right now maybe (commit) early to middle of the season.” Dickson added

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...