Interesting article about former player

Dwayne gets it and understands what being a Husker is all about. Mad props to you, DH.

From: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1408661

"Harris hasn't forgotten his Husker roots - he stays in touch with many of his former teammates - and he's paying close attention to the massive changes the program has undergone.

"I'm not going to knock the new program," Harris said, "but neither do I think you should throw 40-some, 50 years of tradition out the window.

"I hope they do pretty good this year with that run and gun. I'm a skeptic. Oh, well, maybe he (coach Bill Callahan) can get it turned around."

Am I mistaken? Didnt Porkchop run for over a thousand yards. And isnt that a pretty good total????? Super Spurrier isnt the coach, not at my NU. :) Now with a adequate qb to hit the receivers prn (as necessary) run and gun dont sound so bad. We may have a combined 2000 yards rushing from the backs and a substantial increase in passing production. IMO

:horns2

GBR

Dwayne gets it and understands what being a Husker is all about. Mad props to you, DH.

"Harris hasn't forgotten his Husker roots - he stays in touch with many of his former teammates - and he's paying close attention to the massive changes the program has undergone.

"I'm not going to knock the new program," Harris said, "but neither do I think you should throw 40-some, 50 years of tradition out the window.

"I hope they do pretty good this year with that run and gun. I'm a skeptic. Oh, well, maybe he (coach Bill Callahan) can get it turned around."

I'm glad DH chimed in, I'm happy he's still aware and apart of the program. Wish there were more players like him.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad DH chimed in, I'm happy he's still aware and apart of the program. Wish there were more players like him.

I think that's starting to come around. There were quite a few at the Spring game. There will probably be a couple at opening day.

Hey Anonymous User why didn't you post the articles with Alveraz(sp) and McBride talking about how this coaching staff will work at Nebraska?  They both said it would take more then one year to turn things around.  I guess those types of articles don't help you try to get people to turn to the "Darkside".

If only FF could recruit like Callahan. :woo

I dont sell enough bulls%!t to recruit like cally, but I surely couldnt have coached the team any worse than he did last year, or the Raiders in 03.

Wow, I think that is the first time that I have heard anyone say that Nebraska sells bullsh#t. I happen to go to bullsh#t U, and I think that it happens to be a wonderful place where I would be happy to go and play football if god had chosen to give me the talent to go do so. What, Former, exactly is bullsh#t about Nebraska or how Callahan is selling it, because I have seen it, and to me it smells like roses. Sure you aren't smelling yourself there buddy? :)

True Husker fans call their team Bull.... (Sorry FF I don't cuss) .... ??? I definately don't get that one. :wacko:

Obviously, neither yourself, Stuck, or Dave understand it. I never said NU was BS, I said that cally, his staff, his football concepts are BS. I guess that ya'll also cant figure out that cally DOES NOT equal Nebraska. NU football was great before cally, and will be great after he is gone, it is much bigger than bill callahan will ever be.

callahan :rickjames is not Nebraska anything.

1. Soooo, your saying Nebraska was GREAT when Frank Solich was here? HA! Maybe when he played, but never when he was the HEAD coach.

2. Cally is more Nebraska then you'll EVER be.

1. I never said that Frank was a great head coach, but he is much better than callahan. Im not a math major, but I sure as all hell can figure out that a .753 winning % is alot better than .455, and if I remember right, Frank coached in and WON bowl games, won a conf championship and a BCS game, coached in a NC game, won coach of the year honors.

Bad coaches dont do that, bad coaches go 4-12.

2. cally is more NE than what?? Let me tell you something, BUDDY, I have lived in NE my whole life, spent more time around NU football, been to more games, watched more film, had more heartache about NU football that bill callahan ever will. His "Just one game, just one season" quote from last year sums up just how little "bill the idiot" knows about NU football and its tradition. See, while cally has to read books on NUs history, talk all this garbage about tradition, kiss butt to a few selected former assistant coaches (those with an axe to grind against FS), to get in the good graces of Husker fans--I dont have to do those things. These are things that I have lived through, that I have experienced, things that a chat with a former coach, or reading a f*****g book could never, ever, ever in a million years give you. cally doesnt get it, and never really will, its much bigger than the football team or the university, its about a way of life.

I AM Nebraska, born and bred. cally is not.

PS--For a guy whos dad and uncle supposedly played for NU, I would expect a little more from you. (Yeah, and I DO know who Clete and Jim Pillen are)

formerfan,

Feel free to move out of Nebraska at any time. Just by your commentsalone, it's pretty obvious that you are less a Nebraskan or Husker fan than anyone I know. I could care less what awful, horrible, no-good, very-bad things you have lived through. You're a bitter, dried up prune. Go join a Barbcat BBS so you can pine over Feckless Frank.

Solich was a terrible head Coach. He drove the Huskers right down to mediocre-town. Callahan has to clean up his mess, and he's doing a fine job.

Instead of "Bill the Idiot", I proclaim you "formerfan the Idiot".

Hey Anonymous User why didn't you post the articles with Alveraz(sp) and McBride talking about how this coaching staff will work at Nebraska?  They both said it would take more then one year to turn things around.  I guess those types of articles don't help you try to get people to turn to the "Darkside".

If only FF could recruit like Callahan. :woo

I dont sell enough bulls%!t to recruit like cally, but I surely couldnt have coached the team any worse than he did last year, or the Raiders in 03.

Gee FF with such an upbeat personality and positive attitude im sure kids would love to play for a team you coach...