2009 NCAA Basketball Torunament Competition

With March Madness about to begin, I am hosting a bracket competition on Yahoo for HuskerBoard members. It is free to enter and just for fun.

To Join

1. Follow this link: http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ (you will need to sign into your yahoo account, free to sign up if you don't have one)

2. Once you are logged in, there is a button towards the middle of the page that says "Join a Group", click it. At the next page click "Join Group" again.

3. The next page asks for the Group ID and Password. The Group ID is 47271 and the password is pelini (All lowercase.)

4. At the next page click the bubble next to "Create a New Bracket" if it isn't already filled in. THE BRACKET NAME MUST BE YOUR HUSKERBOARD USER NAME OR IT WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE GROUP! Everything else on that page will be up to you.

Note: You cannot make your picks until the tournament field is set on Sunday, March 15. At that time I will post further instructions on how you pick your teams for those who aren't familiar with this.

After you are done with those steps then please post in this thread confirming that you joined the group.

The points system has heavier weighting on later rounds. Here is how it works:

Round 1 = 1 point per correct outcome

Round 2 = 2 points per correct outcome

Round 3 = 4 points per correct outcome

Round 4 = 8 points per correct outcome

Semis = 16 points per correct outcome

Champ = 32 points for correct outcome

If you have any questions or suggestions then please let me know as soon as you can!

Good Luck All,

Dhuskers

Done, Doner, Donest

I don't think you actually joined it yet, you aren't showing up in the group list.

I should be since I followed the instructions. Whenever I click on the link in the fist post it takes me to the bracket.

youre good now :P maybe I just needed to refresh or something

I hate that point system. It makes the first two rounds pointless.

Explain how that makes the first two rounds pointless for me then please. The first rounds are the most important, if you miss the first round games then obviously you wont be able to get the rest of the games. Each round totals out to be worth 32 points so they are all even