A Second Legasy for Dr. Tom

This is one of my favorite times of the year. Championship Week and The first weekend of the NCAA BB Tournament. The only problem is Nebraska is never in it. I've watched a couple of games this year and I haven't seen the Skers go over 50 points. Other big football schools (Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Pittsburg, Tennessee, and Florida, just to name a few) can put a BB team together why can't we? If TO just brings the football team back to the level of the last 25 years of the last centuray he will be thought of as a god but the way I see it he will never as AD have the legasy that he had as coach. If, however, he could orchestrate a winning competitive basketball program that would be an incredible epilouge to his story at UNL.

T_O_B

This is one of my favorite times of the year. Championship Week and The first weekend of the NCAA BB Tournament. The only problem is Nebraska is never in it. I've watched a couple of games this year and I haven't seen the Skers go over 50 points. Other big football schools (Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Pittsburg, Tennessee, and Florida, just to name a few) can put a BB team together why can't we? If TO just brings the football team back to the level of the last 25 years of the last centuray he will be thought of as a god but the way I see it he will never as AD have the legasy that he had as coach. If, however, he could orchestrate a winning competitive basketball program that would be an incredible epilouge to his story at UNL.

T_O_B

Sadly that legacy would not be his. As much as I hate Pederson for messing up the football program, his hire of Doc Sadler was a great one and Sadler is behind the recent up-surge in our basketball team.

T_O_B

Sadly that legacy would not be his. As much as I hate Pederson for messing up the football program, his hire of Doc Sadler was a great one and Sadler is behind the recent up-surge in our basketball team.

Upsurge?

Sorry GI56, I did some lookin' and it seems that Doc Sadler may be the real thing. Now we need to get him some players. Having the shortest team in Div I won't lead to a winning program. We didn't play much of a schedule before conference play started. Creighton was the only real team (and they are questionable) that we beat. The other two were Ore. St. and Ariz. St. and they both beat us. We were only 2 and 6 against the top 6 teams in conference and that's not going to cut it either. We also only score an average of 61 points a game and that's not exactly an offensive juggernaut. Peddy must have screwed up and done something right when he hired Doc but now its up to TO to make him want to stay at NE and build a solid program. Can't tell you how much I hope he does it. I'm tired of rootin' for the likes of Kansas (when Heinrich was there, he's the son of a boyhood friend of mine.) Duke and UNC (I have great respect for both coaches) and Wisconsin (one of their players went to highschool with my daughter.). Its time for the Huskers to start kickin' some ass on the BB court.

T_O_B

But Pederson didnt fire Collier, so you cant give him full credit. Anyways I think this team is on the rise, and I dont know if it is Sadlers fault or just bad luck, but either NU cant get a good recuirt in or they dont pan out. Not saying he hasn't had any good ones, but it is almost half are busts. Maybe it is too early to say that but I see that trend emerging.

As for TO, I think spending the money on the practice facility and possibly a new Arena or improvements to the Bob is a huge key

I don't give Peddy much credit for anything, as I said he screwed up and did something right with the Sadler hire. NE needs to step up its recruiting, pull out all the stops with summer basketball camps and start getting some good recruits. What we have going against us is location.

T_O_B

Sorry GI56, I did some lookin' and it seems that Doc Sadler may be the real thing. Now we need to get him some players. Having the shortest team in Div I won't lead to a winning program. We didn't play much of a schedule before conference play started. Creighton was the only real team (and they are questionable) that we beat. The other two were Ore. St. and Ariz. St. and they both beat us. We were only 2 and 6 against the top 6 teams in conference and that's not going to cut it either. We also only score an average of 61 points a game and that's not exactly an offensive juggernaut. Peddy must have screwed up and done something right when he hired Doc but now its up to TO to make him want to stay at NE and build a solid program. Can't tell you how much I hope he does it. I'm tired of rootin' for the likes of Kansas (when Heinrich was there, he's the son of a boyhood friend of mine.) Duke and UNC (I have great respect for both coaches) and Wisconsin (one of their players went to highschool with my daughter.). Its time for the Huskers to start kickin' some ass on the BB court.

T_O_B

I'm not sure how having TO as AD translates into better basketball recruits. Osborne is pushing for the Devaney upgrades, and that will help, but if I remember right, that too was part of Pederson's long term plan to improve facilities.