Prospect Thread Format Discussion

Ohio Pete

(OK had to move an old post to regain control here.) Anyway, if there's anything else to debate on what should or should not be done in a prospect post, please add it here. Oh and as always, do not create topics in the 2010 subforum except for new recruiting prospects and follow the format established be other posters like DeathCult and Street Novelist.

• 3 months later...

Texas Tech just offered.

Could I ask if it's necessary to make new posts every time another school offers? Could just update the offers list. It is kind of annoying to get my hopes up hoping to hear some news or discussion about a player when it's just Harvard or UCLA offering.

zoogies, did you stop to think other members might want to know when a recruit is offered a new scholly? no one is going to go through every player's thread, looking for updates...that's the whole point of replying to a thread

Did you ever think that some people are as lazy as me and appreciate it when Ohio Pete posts the ESPN eval in a post since I'm too lazy to look for myself? As matter of fact, I like seeing it in the original post. You already know that Rivals and Scout are basically worthless unless you pay. Plus, the ESPN site is flaky at work.

:madash OK every one calm down before someone calls me ACE and hurts my feelings. :rolleyes:

When this sort of thing has been discussed previously I think it the consensus was to include as much information in the thread as possible so that's what I've been trying to do. I'm guessing that many of the readers of these topics are coming here because we've centrally located ALL of the freely available information about Husker recruits. They would like a general overview of the recruit, find out how they are rated, and maybe even see a vid or 2. They probably aren't going to search for information on the linked info, but it's there if they want it.

We also wanted everyone to chill-lax about requirements as it's kind of PIA to put all of this stuff together and to keep it up to date. That's why I've done nothing about enforcing ETR's rule about only certain people posting and only posting offers, etc. Anyway, if you guys want to circle back on any of the subjects, let us know, but as of now updating a thread with a new evaluation, a new offer, or a new article is encouraged. You can even include a link to the source of the information, knock yourself out.

Ohio Pete, please don't post his ESPN evaluation when u can get it simply by clicking the ESPN link. It's starting to get very annoying.

Well, I'm not sure why it's very annoying, but I was posting those because for the longest time ESPN did not have that information and has been previously discussed, their website redesign was potentially suicidal. (I mean if no one has a PC that can properly run Vista why do they think that they'll be able to handle several simultaneous flash ads with streaming video at the same time?) Anyway, I like reading the scouting reports, but don't particularly feel like searching for them when I am just reading about a new prospect.

Ohio Pete, please don't post his ESPN evaluation when u can get it simply by clicking the ESPN link. It's starting to get very annoying.

Well, I'm not sure why it's very annoying, but I was posting those because for the longest time ESPN did not have that information and has been previously discussed, their website redesign was potentially suicidal. (I mean if no one has a PC that can properly run Vista why do they think that they'll be able to handle several simultaneous flash ads with streaming video at the same time?) Anyway, I like reading the scouting reports, but don't particularly feel like searching for them when I am just reading about a new prospect.

Keep 'em coming. Much easier than having to click through and spawning a new window or tab. Thanks, Pete.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...