Huskers @ Tech

7 runs this inning? Good god. This is a Tech team that only scored 2 on Dallas Baptist. Good work by Kalkowski.

you say that like DBU is a bad baseball team... DBU is a VERY solid ball club.....

Based on their sweeps of Oakland and Siena who have a combined 2 wins between them? Or a 2-1 series against Binghamton who also only has 1 win? Their schedule is horrifyingly bad. Nebraska should not be having trouble with Tech like this, but I suppose it happens.

based on the fact of actually following college baseball and knowing about their team and their coach.. they aren't in a conference and it is very difficult for them to get a tough schedule. Should Nebraska be losing? IMO no. But this is the 1st big 12 series and it's on the road. The question mark coming into the year was our pitching, and it is proving to be so. Top to bottom, the big 12 is probably THE best baseball conference this year.

They scheduled Rice and TCU. And got beat by a combined 19-6. I know what Newman helped build there was impressive considering, but from what I see they've not yet advanced past being cannon fodder in a regional for better teams. Like Creighton in basketball.

Toss in being swept by Northridge, this is very atypical performance by Tech today this season.

7 runs this inning? Good god. This is a Tech team that only scored 2 on Dallas Baptist. Good work by Kalkowski.

you say that like DBU is a bad baseball team... DBU is a VERY solid ball club.....

Based on their sweeps of Oakland and Siena who have a combined 2 wins between them? Or a 2-1 series against Binghamton who also only has 1 win? Their schedule is horrifyingly bad. Nebraska should not be having trouble with Tech like this, but I suppose it happens.

based on the fact of actually following college baseball and knowing about their team and their coach.. they aren't in a conference and it is very difficult for them to get a tough schedule. Should Nebraska be losing? IMO no. But this is the 1st big 12 series and it's on the road. The question mark coming into the year was our pitching, and it is proving to be so. Top to bottom, the big 12 is probably THE best baseball conference this year.

They scheduled Rice and TCU. And got beat by a combined 19-6. I know what Newman helped build there was impressive considering, but from what I see they've not yet advanced past being cannon fodder in a regional for better teams. Like Creighton in basketball.

Toss in being swept by Northridge, this is very atypical performance by Tech today this season.

Your right. 1st Independent team to get a bid into the NCAA tourney... that is nothing but cannon fodder. Come on. If you don't follow it, I really have no problem with that, but don't act like they are a terrible team.. Rice is one of the top teams in the nation... TCU is also leaps and bounds better than we are.. No question. Also, midweek games in baseball tell us no where NEAR what a weekend series tells us. Weekday games are days to get younger players experience and get work for the arms in the bullpen.

Inning finally over.

Tech gets 5 runs on 5 hits.

16-8, end 8th.

Hopefully we can get a little something here in this inning and get some momentum for game 2.

We need to win the next 2 games... need need need to win the series.. we can take a loss, but a series loss to tech is not the way we want to start.

Indeed.

16-8 Final for game 1.

Game 2 is scheduled to start at 5:00, I believe.

drowning nothing on bailey??? 2-5 with 4 RBI (HR and a Double.....)

but yes very nice way to bounce back.. need a solid outing tomorrow, take the game in impressive fashion and we'll be just fine

Damn! I was going to mention him. Must have forgotten. I was in a hurry.

Bailey is the man. Tied for the lead in the Big XII in HR's (7) and RBI's (27).

Lineups for Huskers for Game 3!

Kyle Bubak 2B

DJ Belfonte CF

Adam Bailey RF

Tyler Farst 1B

Nick Sullivan LF

Jeff Tezak DH

Cody Asche 3B

Kale Kiser SS

Cory Burleson C

Michael Mariot RHP

Game already started as I was typing this...