Your opinion is wanted

Hey guys. Well we realize this board is of smaller stature than some others with a bigger budget, but we are starting to gain momentum thanks to all of you and your quality posts.

But the key to a good site is user feedback. We truly want to make this board the property of Husker Nation, and for that to happen it needs to be user supported. We arent asking for monetary donations, only your participation in a respectful manner, and feedback to make it better.

So since we've had huge spikes in the activity lately (which we are very glad to see), we felt it would be a good time to get your input.

What do you think about the board overall?

We want to hear the good, bad and ugly as you see it.

Are there TOO many forums? What could be done to improve them?

Good posts, not enough content?

And any other feedback you have that will make this board better. After all, the better it is, the more members we get, and the more valuable of a resource for Husker insight it becomes.

Lets all work together, and we can make this the best free Husker message board online.

Thanks.

BigRedMachine

I really like this board. dont care if there are less people. more people = more garbage in most cases. most people on here are pretty intelligent and have a lot to add, so I like coming here. dont think there are too many forums, I like when a board has more so its easier to find things. other boards have like only 2-3 forums, and then hundreds and hundreds of posts in each one. you cant find sh#t on the topic your intersted in, and most of it is just people rambling about nothing. "uh, theres a snowplow on my street now. i like snowplows". etc. most of the posts on here actually have substance.

just my couple cents. thanks for the good board.

Like I said before, I think we still have too many forums. Things are broken up

to finely. The football section is OK. I'll go through the others.

"Other stuff"

Husker baseball and basketball forums are good. The others should be one forum IMO. A strictly off-topic forum

"Huskers ETC"

I think most of these forums fall under the off-topic forum. The feedback forum is good to have.

"Big 12 Breakdown"

Eh, I guess it's ok to leave these.

"A guide to lincoln" could be a single forum. Again I don't see a need to break this

out into individual forums.

I would have a for-sale forum for Husker stuff/tickets and one for other stuff would be good.

I think there are way to many posts of just pasting an article and that's it. At least

post a link and start some kind of discussion about it. This has gotten better as of

late which is cool.

This is an awesome site. The tards will always be here, and there will be more

as more people find out about it. However, we have some good people here and I

hope we get more! I have been looking for something like this for some time. All

the other boards I post on don't like my Husker posts ;). I will post more things as

I think of them. Thanks again guys!!!!!!

Well thanks to everyone for the great feedback. We really appreciate your opinions. I really think we have some great members for as small of a board as it is currently. With your help we'll get this thing rolling and be bigger and better than ever before we know it. So please spread the word to others who would be good contributors and have an opinion on Husker football (I dont know who doesnt :) )

As you may have noticed, we implemented some changes based on your advice. Hopefully these are changes for the better. Just so you know, we have a lot of enhancements planned for the board in the near future, just need to find the time to do it, which is hard to come by with a full time job, on the side of course. B/c what is more important than Husker football gossip?!?!! :rolleyes:

Well thanks again for your help, and keep those objective and interesting opinions coming.

Blackshirt

:ph34r:

I stumbled on this board looking for someone to talk some halfway intelligent NU football. Obviously, as a born and raised Cali boy, I don't run into a lot of people I can talk Big Red Football with. I really think this site is great! Everyone seems to have good insight and best of all, the majority of us are true diehard fans. I like the fact that everyone seems pretty respectful and knowledgeable.

• 1 year later...
Id like to make it so there aren't so many things on one topic before it has another page to it. It takes alot of scrolling through to read the two post you haven't read out of the 30 on it.

You can customize things like this to your liking.

Go to you Profile using the "My Controls" link in the upper right hand corner. Then click the Board Settings link. Next change the setting that says "Number of posts to show for each topic page".

I believe this is what you are talking about. There are some other settings there that you can use to tweak the interface to your liking.

Id like to make it so there aren't so many things on one topic before it has another page to it.  It takes alot of scrolling through to read the two post you haven't read out of the 30 on it.

You can customize things like this to your liking.

Go to you Profile using the "My Controls" link in the upper right hand corner. Then click the Board Settings link. Next change the setting that says "Number of posts to show for each topic page".

I believe this is what you are talking about. There are some other settings there that you can use to tweak the interface to your liking.

Thanks alot dave h.