All Time KR/PR

All Time KR/PR  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the people asking for The Jet, I know he “should” be on the list and would win in a landslide. However I figured it would be nice to have another player listed since Rodgers is already on the “team” as a WR. Maybe I’m wrong in thinking that though. That being said if enough people vote for Rodgers by selecting Other and then making it perfectly clear that is who they are voting for he may end up winning anyhow.

Jet was much more exciting as a Punt returner..Did he even ever line up at WR?

I seem to remember him more at WB..

I voted Groce, but was surprised there was no mention of Anthony (Slick) Steels.

Jet was much more exciting as a Punt returner..Did he even ever line up at WR?

I seem to remember him more at WB..

Wouldn’t you say that the Wingback of old would be a Slot Receiver these days? FYI I lumped the WB/SE/WR together for the 2 WR spots.

I voted Groce, but was surprised there was no mention of Anthony (Slick) Steels.

I used to work with Anthony Steels and took it to him in a few pick up games of Basketball. He was a nice dude, not the best worker though but a very cool dude.

Groce won games for NU with his returns so have to go with him.

Also this totally ruins my creditability but did Judd Daves the FB ever return, or was that just Josh Davis. Daves was my favorite player and I thought he returned kicks, but my age might have let me hear the wrong name. anyways i guess any confirmation would be appreicated.

It was Josh Davis, who was the #1 I-Back for a brief while when he was here.

I'm surprised there's any mention at all of Steels. He really didn't do much return-wise. There's no way he compares to Groce or Newcombe or just about anyone on the list.

KO RETURNS No. Yds. Avg. LG TD

Rozier 5 162 32.4 93t 1

Steels 6 140 23.3 44 0

Fryar 3 55 18.3 22 0

Wilkening 1 21 21.0 21 0

Krenk 1 5 5.0 5 0

Craig 1 0 0.0 0 0

Nebraska 17 383 22.5 93t 1

Opponents 29 406 14.0 30 0

Not as prolific as I remembered, but it WAS durring my drinking college years..

I'd forgot Rozier returned kicks..and now suddenly.. remembering Dana Brinson.

This one is totally flawed...Johnny Rogers will go down in history as Nebraska's all time Kick/Punt returner...and should have been put on this poll!

:(

From Page 1 of thread:

For the people asking for The Jet, I know he “should” be on the list and would win in a landslide. However I figured it would be nice to have another player listed since Rodgers is already on the “team” as a WR. Maybe I’m wrong in thinking that though. That being said if enough people vote for Rodgers by selecting Other and then making it perfectly clear that is who they are voting for he may end up winning anyhow.

I'm surprised there's any mention at all of Steels. He really didn't do much return-wise. There's no way he compares to Groce or Newcombe or just about anyone on the list.

KO RETURNS No. Yds. Avg. LG TD

Rozier 5 162 32.4 93t 1

Steels 6 140 23.3 44 0

Fryar 3 55 18.3 22 0

Wilkening 1 21 21.0 21 0

Krenk 1 5 5.0 5 0

Craig 1 0 0.0 0 0

Nebraska 17 383 22.5 93t 1

Opponents 29 406 14.0 30 0

Not as prolific as I remembered, but it WAS durring my drinking college years..

I'd forgot Rozier returned kicks..and now suddenly.. remembering Dana Brinson.

Rozier's most memorable return was stepping back into the end zone on the opening kickoff of the KState game, for a safety.

Brinson was one of the best.

This one is totally flawed...Johnny Rogers will go down in history as Nebraska's all time Kick/Punt returner...and should have been put on this poll!

From Page 1 of thread:

Thanks for the input on how you thought this out...I understand your idea here...but I still feel that Johnny Rodgers should have been included, even if he won out with two positions, it would just be a testament to his abilities as a Husker...

From Page 1 of thread:

Thanks for the input on how you thought this out...I understand your idea here...but I still feel that Johnny Rodgers should have been included, even if he won out with two positions, it would just be a testament to his abilities as a Husker...

No worries. You are right though it is a testament for just how good he really was.