12th game proposals!!

Seems hypocritical to me, NCAA saying that there cannot be a Div I playoff because it lengthens the season, but then it can add a 12th game??  :wtf

What a bunch of garbage.

1 game << 7 games (given an 8 team playoff)

No, it's not that hypocritical really. Besides, I believe playing a game earlier in the year as opposed to later takes some pressure off the players having to play a game later in the season around finals time.

Why hasnt it been a huge problem in all the divisions from 1-AA to NAIA then? 7 games vs 26 bowl games :blink: Besides, ONE team is going to play in ALL 7 games. :wacko:

In most major conferences, you are going to have to play 14 games now to win a NC (conf champ and bowl games) and the season runs from Aug-Jan. Dont tell me that it extends the season too long, its all about the huge bowl series cash cow and corporate sponsorship. Thats how things are run.

Why hasnt it been a huge problem in all the divisions from 1-AA to NAIA then? 7 games vs 26 bowl games  :blink:  Besides, ONE team is going to play in ALL 7 games.  :wacko:

In most major conferences, you are going to have to play 14 games now to win a NC (conf champ and bowl games) and the season runs from Aug-Jan.  Dont tell me that it extends the season too long, its all about the huge bowl series cash cow and corporate sponsorship. Thats how things are run.

Never said it was a huge problem, did I? I said it would give kids a tiny break. Never said they needed or wanted it though. Hey man, I would like a playoff system. But I don't think it comes as easy as you would say. After all, you have all the answers right? :thumbs

8 teams don't play 26 times in the bowl system. In a playoff system (assuming a simple 8 team system), every team would have to win 3 more games to win the playoffs. 7 more games total would be played.

Yes, we got it. Cash rules everything. Everyone's out to get everyone else. Corporations, Bill Callahan, Steve Pederson, et al are evil, self righteous pricks who feed on baby fetuses daily, etc etc. Got it, thanks.

Next year we will have one of the toughest schedules in college football. We do not need anything but a cupcake. We could easily lose 4-5 games next year with a top 20 team as our 12th game. This team needs to grow, we need at least another two years of recruiting like last year to even get near a level playing field with the top programs. We are 4 years behind most of the top 15 schools. One year will not do it. Some need to get over this WE ARE NEBRASKA, IT IS OUR RIGHT TO WIN!!!!!. Step by step back to the top. Long trip guys.