raw talent and tempered expectations

And Kody Spano, savvy as he may be, has a “Stuntz” look about his play thus far. Not bad. But not Cody Green."

Why did Sam have to slap the "One Hit Stuntzer" tag on Spano so early? Now that seems like the real kick in the pants :nutz

Totally Spano's still young. You can't go dubbing the guy Stuntz-esque until he's a senior switching positions to get a sniff of the field (sorry Mike you were totally dedicated and that's admirable)

I am one that is on the Green bandwagon, however, I really believe that they need to redshirt him and then the next season look at possibly starting him...unless Spano steps up and really shows something (which would be great).

Zac Lee is only a JR this year so he'll be here next season. If Lee is the starter this year, which looks likely right now, he'll almost certainly be the guy next year - barring injury, of course.

Very true...unless he is beat out. I have to admit though that it seems like he has been in the shadows forever, and I do forget that he is only a Jr. sometimes.

There is a part of me that would like to see us get someone that is good enough to take the job of QB as a Sophmore, or even as a redshirt Freshman (would have to really be someone special I realize to do that) and keep the job for 3 or even 4 years like McCoy did in Texas. Seems like every year we have a QB that has to "learn" starting with game one and grow through the season, and by the end of the season he is finally getting comfortable, just to graduate and have someone else have to do the same thing the following season.

If Green redshirts this season, then he'll only be a Soph the year after Lee leaves. So it can still work out the way you'd like.