Six Draft Busts

He was an idiot, but I think the idiocy came from a mental issue. I'm not sticking up for guys who beat women, but I guarantee most of these guys have severe mental problems. Nobody does the things LP did without having some problems. I hope now that he is in a place where there is some structure, that he can't runaway from, he is finding the help he needs. I know, some guys go to prison and come out worse than they went in, but some do find the help they need and become better people. I hope he's on the higher road.

I wonder if he did turn his life around if he would ever be welcomed back to the program as one of their own?

An asshat is an asshat regardless of what color jersey they wore in college. I have nothing but disdain for Phillips much like I have for Rae Carruth, these people were blessed with an athletic talent that most of us here could only dream of and then completely pissed it away. Shame on them is the only thing I can say.

I know, some guys go to prison and come out worse than they went in, but some do find the help they need and become better people. I hope he's on the higher road.

You obviously have more faith in the US judicial system than I do.

I wonder if he did turn his life around if he would ever be welcomed back to the program as one of their own?

I highly doubt it! LP has never shown any compasion or remorse for ANY of his crimes that I know of. Some people deserve second chances, but this psycho has had a dozen of them! I think LP is just a lost cause at this point.

He was an idiot, but I think the idiocy came from a mental issue. I'm not sticking up for guys who beat women, but I guarantee most of these guys have severe mental problems Nobody does the things LP did without having some problems. I hope now that he is in a place where there is some structure, that he can't runaway from, he is finding the help he needs. I know, some guys go to prison and come out worse than they went in, but some do find the help they need and become better people. I hope he's on the higher road.

Yeah they have problems, from not being held accountable for their actions.

He was an idiot, but I think the idiocy came from a mental issue. I'm not sticking up for guys who beat women, but I guarantee most of these guys have severe mental problems Nobody does the things LP did without having some problems. I hope now that he is in a place where there is some structure, that he can't runaway from, he is finding the help he needs. I know, some guys go to prison and come out worse than they went in, but some do find the help they need and become better people. I hope he's on the higher road.

I never said they shouldn't be held accountable. I'm just saying it's not necessarily because they really knew what they were doing was wrong. I don't think anyone is gonna argue he has some major mental issues. Should we just lock up and throw the key away for every mentally ill patient who commits crimes??

I never said they shouldn't be held accountable. I'm just saying it's not necessarily because they really knew what they were doing was wrong. I don't think anyone is gonna argue he has some major mental issues. Should we just lock up and throw the key away for every mentally ill patient who commits crimes??

You're right, the problem is a mental issue and it's called entitlement. He, and the rest of the whiney-ass, athlete turned criminals, just haven't been told "no" enough. The only mental problem they have is they haven't learned what a sense of responsibility or accountablity is, and therefore show none. Are they to blame for this? No, not entirely, but are you going to tell those who didn't say no to LP, Rae Carruth, or Maurice Clarett that they need to pay for the crimes those jackasses committed. Hell no, the only way to learn responsibility is to be held accountable for your actions, and if that means jail time, so be it.

He wasn't a bust...he was just busted. He told me that he is totally innocent...those people ran out in front of his car...the cops planted that gun on him...where is OJ's lawyer when you need him? Oh...right...six feet under.

He had so much going for him, but had to act stupid. People are born with natural talent but waste it. He had things likes this coming this way since he was a husker. Still kinda sad how Dr. Tom even gave him an extra chance. Football is Football in Nebraska.