WR Marcell Peoples

well, you never know....so far there are no articles on the kid, he rates a 1* and no one is talking about him, but it is still early.....at 5"9" and 155 he has some real liability in size as a projected wide out, he would have to add at least 25 lbs. to survive in D1 ball, at any position.

well, you never know....so far there are no articles on the kid, he rates a 1* and no one is talking about him, but it is still early.....at 5"9" and 155 he has some real liability in size as a projected wide out, he would have to add at least 25 lbs. to survive in D1 ball, at any position.

Maybe so, but if he's shifty enough and has what scouts like to call wiggle then he could be a serious punt return and kick return threat. That alone would make him worthy of a scholarship.

What would you rather have...

A 5'9" 160 pound guy who is explosive in the punt and kick-off return game? A guy that's a threat to score a TD every time he fields a kick?

Or, a 6'5" 220 WR and a 6'2" 210 WR that don't return kicks, have rarely seen the field and have under-achieved their entire Husker careers ala Will Henry and Chris Brooks?

Note: I'm not bagging on Henry or Brooks here, I'm simply illustrating how there are times when you have to look beyond the eyeball test and look for football players.

Also, there are numerous guys who make a decent living doing nothing but playing special teams in the NFL.

1 star means he hasn't been rated. come on now, stop bagging on the guy

Maybe so, but if he's shifty enough and has what scouts like to call wiggle then he could be a serious punt return and kick return threat. That alone would make him worthy of a scholarship.

What would you rather have...

A 5'9" 160 pound guy who is explosive in the punt and kick-off return game? A guy that's a threat to score a TD every time he fields a kick?

Or, a 6'5" 220 WR and a 6'2" 210 WR that don't return kicks, have rarely seen the field and have under-achieved their entire Husker careers ala Will Henry and Chris Brooks?

Note: I'm not bagging on Henry or Brooks here, I'm simply illustrating how there are times when you have to look beyond the eyeball test and look for football players.

Also, there are numerous guys who make a decent living doing nothing but playing special teams in the NFL.

come on, think about it.........any less than 180, even the waterboy gets his ass kicked in D-1 ball. :dumdum

How about Darren Sproles, or Cory Ross for that matter. i know they aren't WR s but last I checked they do get hit occasionally and both were drawing NFL money last year.

The trend to bigger receivers has led to bigger corners, and physics tells us that larger boddies will not be as agile (able to change direction/position). Then again, Newton never coached football.