I'm not computer or internet saavy at all. I was on the KSU board and some KSU jerko** used my avatar to hack into my photobucket account and got into my personal photos. They then proceeded to put links in so everyone could venture into my account. I have the names of the posters who did it and would love to do it to them, If I knew how. Anyway, how do I protect my photobucket account from this in the future??? :dunno

What your saying is impossible unless you place personal pictures to the public on photobucket or have an open album that is released to them. I don't know how they could hack into a such protected site such as photobucket. Unless you released your password out or something.

No I didn't release my password but I did go to Photobucket and made my account a private account. After I did that I went to the KSU board and used one of their posted links to my account to see if it truly did make it private and it still came up.

What your saying is impossible unless you place personal pictures to the public on photobucket or have an open album that is released to them. I don't know how they could hack into a such protected site such as photobucket. Unless you released your password out or something.

No I didn't release my password but I did go to Photobucket and made my account a private account. After I did that I went to the KSU board and used one of their posted links to my account to see if it truly did make it private and it still came up.

I see, I don't know much about photobucket so I don't know what to tell ya.. sorry :dunno

sounds like maybe your password was too easy for them to figure out maybe

is it something someone would come up with easily?

Not really, but I'll change it just to be sure. Thanks for the help guys :thumbs !!!

Have you checked, meaning scanned, your computer for keylogger viruses?

Maybe while you were on that site you clicked a clink and a keylogger bug, virus, program, whatever it is called, automatically installed itself on your computer which then whoever put the keylogger on that site would see every key you strike on your keyboard and was able to see your password and then hack into your photobucket account.

:dunno