What is your crowning moment?

Here's a kicker: WHat have you done in your life that's very memorable? What's your crowning moment? Somethin that isn't connected with Husker football. (If that's possible)

*played high school champiionship game.?

*met the president?

*graduated college?

*went to war?

*Had a child?

*Saved A life?

*Bought a car?

*Got married/divorced?

Anything.........

1. I was the first person in my family to get a bachelors degree

2. Accepted and started graduate program

3. 7 years ago, I decided to get off my fat ass and lose some weight. Dropped 75 lbs and even though Im not in as good of shape as I was a few years ago, I am lucky to have only gained back about 15 lbs.

Oops, forgot a couple, on a fun note:

Caught a 12 lb channel cat on my ultra-light (6 lb test) which took me about an hour to reel in.

Even though I have shot a few birds in my time, its usually when I have been hunting with friends. But a very memorable day was when I was out deer hunting a couple of years aog, but ended up with my limit of pheasants and a couple of bobwhites in just a couple of hours, all without the use dogs or a hunting partner to help me pin the birds down. That was a fun day! :)

Born again, Nov. 11, 1990 nuf said

Growing up in Lincoln and Waverly. And all that is included there, hunting, fishing, great family and friends, sweet corn, etc, etc,

My son who is now 22 yo geez time flies

My wife the CPA

Me the RN done a lot of things in my life but this is the best.

Catching my first yellowfin tuna, yellowtail and albie. The fishing in NE is diff than ocean fishing like both equally. nothing really beats walleye though for pure eating pleasure. But getting your butt kicked by a 45lb tuna is great fun too

Sushi, damn luv the stuff.

Eagle Raceway, Knoxville CANT RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH :)

:horns2

gbr

Geez, I created the thread and didn't answer the questions.

My junior year in high school I met a girl, I'm 32 and still with that girl.

My second is meeting Ernie Chambers. Kinda weird guy, but I respect the hell out of him for having a ton of guts. Can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but..

Tough topic!! I can't narrow it down to one exact moment, but beating cancer, and now being in remission for 6 years is one thing I thank God for each and every day.

Congrats...my mother in law is currently finishing up her cancer treatments for breast cancer.

I would have to say

my senior year in HS I threw three interceptions (all in the second half, after going 9-11 in the first half) in my final HS game in the playoffs, then we lost 3-0 in double overtime. We were ranked #1, we were basically given the state Champs trophy before the playoffs began. We had kicked the crap out of every team we faced, including the one we lost to in the first round of the playoffs.

Why is this my crowning moment, because, of course, after some time pasted, the lessons which are many, are absolutely priceless to me. Many of them don't even deal with football. You learn so much more after your mistakes.