USC

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

As a college football fan, I'm excited to see it. I hope we are competitive enough when we play out there. A good showing would definitely be a confidence builder. As far as the game here in '07, I think we win that one, on our way to a BCS bowl game. ESPN College Gameday will be here. It would be comparable to the Notre Dame game as far as attention, but much more competitive. Looking forward to it.

The 06 game will be tough, but could be great exposure for the Big Red. Thinking back to the UCLA game of 93 we filled their stadium with red, and if the fans are any part of recruiting, that should be a good show.

If we can get back to the killer home team we were in the 90's the 07 game would be the kind of game to set us up for the next few seasons, much like the CU game back in 94, the craziest and best game i've ever been to. Can't wait to see it happen.

We will not turn USC red. Way more fans than UCLA and they are pretty devoted for Californians. Plus coming off a likely 3peat, I doubt there will be many getting off the bandwagon. It will be a big game for them, as we seem to draw a lot of attention in California. There are a lot of us out here. I am looking forward to that game. We should be competitive by then. At this time I would give the nod to SC, but that is a long time from now. Could be totally different in a year.

SC may just "Texas Tech" NU, I dont care what the talent level is at that point.

This staff just wont be able to get the team to that level. As far as this year, 6-5 would be a HUGE accomplishment for this staff. The sad thing is that some "fans" are willing to lower the bar for them and accept sub-standard performances, as we witnessed last year. :wacko:

Mediocrity, he we are. :(

No FF mediocrity was shown the door. What we have is unknown. A couple of years from now we will know if we have a winner or loser, until then you only have your thoughts and we have ours. Your thoughts are not endorsed by most of the top players and coaches fromt he past. You need to deal with that. We need to play the games and see where we land. Until then all is just a guess. I hope you are wrong, and I would guess you hope you are to.

I think it's great that USC is on the 06-07 schedule. Believe our non-conf schedule should be a mix of mediocre teams and at least one powerhouse. Playing Western Illinois and Maine is a mistake in my opinion. We don't learn that much and it hurts our reputation across the nation. KState had good W-L records by playing patsies, but it really didn't help them with either their national standing or to get ready for the big games. In fact, there reputation was lessened because of their non-conf opponents.

Finally, scheduling nothing but top tier opponents is equally bad. You seldom if ever get a chance to play and develop your second / third team players and I suspect you get emotionally burned out by the end of the season.

GO BIG RED!

I am very glad we have SC next year. They will be a little down and we should be starting to get things together. But as FF says we really do not know if we will be ready to play them. I think the staff makes a lot of progress this year. I just do not know how they could be worse than what they replaced.

In 2006 we will have one of the toughest schedules in the country if not the toughest. We need those cream puffs to survive the physical beating our kids will take next year. We certainly do not need to add another top 15 program for the next two years. Getting through Texas, A&M, USC and possibly Oklahoma or Texas Tech in 2006 will be enough for anyone, not to mention KState most likely being back.

Western Illinois and Maine were schedule replacements. I doubt we will see them again.