USC

Hello Huskers,

I'm an OU fan and I was wondering what your early thoughts were on playing the Trojans in 06 and 07. I think you might be able to surprise them. The talent level should be up at Nebraska by then. Maybe not like SC's, but then again who is? But considering how tough Nebraska is at home, you never know.

Also, what do you think your final record will be this year? Do you think you guys have a shot at the North?

It's awesome to think we are going to play. I rememeber looking at this game when the schedule was made 6-7 years ago when USC wasn't that good. This is a good game for NU. If we can just hang close and pull out a win, it would be unbelievable. It's tough for me to say that,but this is where NU is at right now.

Note: do not turn this thread into a anti-Callahan thread.

Hello Huskers,

I'm an OU fan and I was wondering what your early thoughts were on playing the Trojans in 06 and 07. I think you might be able to surprise them. The talent level should be up at Nebraska by then. Maybe not like SC's, but then again who is? But considering how tough Nebraska is at home, you never know.

Also, what do you think your final record will be this year? Do you think you guys have a shot at the North?

I think we certainly have a chance at the North, some of that though is because the North is quite week. But when your trying to "rebuild" you take whatever you can get.

I love the fact that the Huskers are playing USC. Hopefully we can hand. Leinhart is going to be tough. He scares the crap out of me because of what he did to OU.

Hey kemp, how did you guys like Pelini this year????????????

Most Sooner fans do not like Pelini and certainly didn't mind him taking the LSU job with Miles. A lot of this boils down to the beating we took in the Orange Bowl. A lot of it boils down to people missing Mike Stoops on defense. Most of the talk on Pelini addresses his style he brought to OU this year. Everyone says he played a "conservative" type defense. Bend but don't break. We didn't create very many turnovers on defense and were especially low in the interception department. Stoops has said that we will return to the "aggressive" type defense next year, more like we had with Mike Stoops.

When I look back on the season, we did pretty well. Early, we beat some very good passing teams, with tricky schemes offensively. Bowling Green, Houston, and Tech come to mind. We shut out Texas, playing the best game defensively that I have ever seen against Texas, from a defensive standpoint at least. I've been watching OU-Texas since 85. We contained Young all afternoon. We were then able to beat KSTATE, OSU, and A&M, on the road. Not bad when you consider we've been hit by each of those teams in the past with the Mike Stoops "aggressive" defense. If we beat USC, everyone probably loves Pelini.

That next five-star quarterback could be one Mark Sanchez....the nation's top rated recruit among quarterback during the 04-05 recruiting class.

What a showdown this could turn out to be! Imagine Harrison Beck and Sanchez gunning it out to see who comes out on top!

I like this game because if the Huskers can pull out a win or two wins, I think these games could definitley cement that the Huskers are truly back among the elite college football programs. I've always believed that this year we will show significant improvement but are still about a year maybe two years away from being back to the level of success the Huskers have enjoyed in the past.

I look forward to this game and would love to see the Huskers win one against them on the road.

Hello Huskers,

Kemp;

Not on topic, but it is good to see a great Sooner fan on here, bein' cool. I think it epitomizes the Sooner fan; classy, and respectful of other teams.

I hope I am that type of fan, the one who hates to lose to OU, but the one who respects the OU program. Go Sooners (except against NU)!

USC is again a powerhouse, I hope NU can beat them next year...here's hoping for a repeat of '70-'71!

i like the fact that we have scheduled USC in '06 and '07 even though it could mean a certain ass whipping. i dont really care, playing these top tier schools shows guts and i think that that is a characteristic of husker football. i guess i like the fresno state attitude, they will play anyone anytime anywhere. unfortunately the downside to this is that playing this schools and possibly losing could destroy the confidence of a team for a couple weeks or even perhaps bring down an entire season. thats kind of the way i viewed the southern miss game last year even though southern miss isnt a texas, OU or USC but southern miss is still a great school nonetheless. you just never know 100 percent how a team is going to react to a win/loss.

i think scheduling tough oppoents is a good thing, playing a usc competitively can only help recruiting and raise interest. as far as reacting to a loss, look at Texas and how they finished off their season last year, after OU shut them down. good teams get over a loss or two and move on. in fact at the end of last year i think Texas was getting better and OU was about the same as they were at the beginning of the season, good teams get better, and as much as Texas sucks, they will be better this season too.

hunter

We'll be facing Booty, most likely (unless something happens to him next season). He's plenty scary good, so it should be fun.

On the upside, though - no Chow to contend with. He might be leaving the playbook behind, but Kiffkin is unproven as a play-caller.

OHMYGOD!

I just realized...in 06 and 07, BOTH NU and ND get shots at USC!

That's 4 shots at happiness in two years...odds are, one of those will turn out good :)

IRISH!