Illinois ends annual Mizzou opener

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) -- Illinois and Missouri's traditional season opener in St. Louis will come to an end after 2010.

Illinois Athletic Director Ron Guenther told The (Champaign) News-Gazette that the neutral site game makes it tough for Illinois to have more than six home games in a season. Most major school try to play seven.

The games have been big, nationally broadcast TV draws. But Illinois is winless in the series' first four years.

cnnsi article

End of a good thing. Thanks Zook, you pu$$y.

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) -- Illinois and Missouri's traditional season opener in St. Louis will come to an end after 2010.

Illinois Athletic Director Ron Guenther told The (Champaign) News-Gazette that the neutral site game makes it tough for Illinois to have more than six home games in a season. Most major school try to play seven.

The games have been big, nationally broadcast TV draws. But Illinois is winless in the series' first four years.

cnnsi article

End of a good thing. Thanks Zook, you pu$$y.

It's too bad too. This year might be the start of a streak in the their favor!!

Thats too bad. Why do they stop it now though when Mizzou is getting worse? It would be fun to see Mizzou get crushed in the first game of the year.

I think it's more of a financial thing than it is being winless.

That’s one excuse. But the Red River Shootout hasn’t driven OU or UT into financial hardship.

I’m going to stick to my theory that Ron Zook is a pu$$y.

Thats too bad. Why do they stop it now though when Mizzou is getting worse? It would be fun to see Mizzou get crushed in the first game of the year.

I think it's more of a financial thing than it is being winless.

That’s one excuse. But the Red River Shootout hasn’t driven OU or UT into financial hardship.

I’m going to stick to my theory that Ron Zook is a pu$$y.

Let me start by saying that Illinois is NOT on the same level of either of these schools, in terms of talent, or financially.

Lets face it, the matchup wasn't/isn't that GREAT....last year it was two mediocre teams. Don't get me wrong, I love watching college football, and it is an interesting matchup, but it I would not be upset if they stopped playing. Also, how can you put this on Zook? Wouldn't it be Ron Guenther, the AD?