Texas Tech Game

this is my first or second post on this board, its been a while since ive stayed downtown for a husker game, anyways my girl just got me some Tickets for the Texas Tech game in october, i called the Cornhusker hotel and they are sold out of rooms.

My question is, for the all guys that live in lincoln or around, what other hotels are within walking distance of the bars and the stadium?

let me know

Gman

This might have to be moved to a differnt section...

You should try the embassy suites, it's downtown on P street which is closer than the cornhusker. Otherwise try the downtown Holiday inn, it's a little further away but it's still downtown.

Holiday Inn isn't far at all. Book it if possible. Other than that walking distance is going to be tough. Taxi cab is very cheap in Lincoln. There are also shuttles that will take you to the stadium, but I don't believe they start driving until two hours before the game.

I come in for a few games every year with my girl and we stay with Hoyamann. I would recommend his place. It's free. He has a play station 2 and usually a full fridge of beer!

Otherwise I would say the Best Western Villager on O. Nice rooms, pool and hot tub for around $70 a night.

The Gimp has spoken.

Yeah hoyamann used to have a fridge full of beer, now its got formula in it. Hoyanmann doesn't even know what downtown Nebraska looks like anymore. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

For a beer and pool game, Old Chicago is good. If you're looking for good food, try Lazlo's, Fireworks, Vincenzo's, and pretty much any other place not named Old Chicago. If you can't find a hotel room downtown, there are several just off I-80 on 27th Street, which are just a short drive or cab ride from downtown.

Being from Chicago, I was naturally intrigued to find that a Chicago style restaurant existed in Lincoln, so I visited, and man was that a mistake. Dont buy into the propaganda gentleman. Chicago is known as one of the best culinary cities in the world, and we have great food. Old Chicago is a joke, and unless the sauce is on top and the pizza is three inches thick, it aint chicago style pizza. If anyone is ever in Chicago, contact me and I will show you some real chicago food.

Being from Chicago, I was naturally intrigued to find that a Chicago style restaurant existed in Lincoln, so I visited, and man was that a mistake. Dont buy into the propaganda gentleman. Chicago is known as one of the best culinary cities in the world, and we have great food. Old Chicago is a joke, and unless the sauce is on top and the pizza is three inches thick, it aint chicago style pizza. If anyone is ever in Chicago, contact me and I will show you some real chicago food.

no doubt.

It's a chain bro. What did you expect? I don't think I'd go to Chicago looking for a chain restaurant for the best pizza. Just like coming to Lincoln, don't go to Applebee's for the best steak.

StuckInChicago, what are your thoughts about Giordano's? That was my first experience with Chicago deep dish pizza and I've been back numerous times. Somehow blood stills flows into and out of my heart after eating there.

The Gimp also lives in Chicago...Giordanos is good, but there are much better places. I prefer Rizata's, Amato's, or Gino's East. Lou Malnatis is also awesome but a little different style then the rest of them. Only thing that sucks about Chicago is no Papa Johns in the city. I miss that butter garlic dip big time!

And I'll stick up for Old Chicago in Lincoln. I don't think they ever have claimed to serve authentic Chicago Style Pizza. It's still a cool place with good pizza and a ton of beers.

The Gimp has spoken.

Just some more places to get good pizza. Poretta's which is downtown and Des Plaines, and Martino's, which is in irving park, and I like the atmosphere of Old Chicago, but beer is beer anywhere, and they do claim to serve chicago style pizza, but that being said, I should know better than to go to a place like that expecting the kind of food I get at home.