Kstatehater I was just in your shoes not to long ago. I had Cableone and they freakin sucked especially their Pay Per View service. I'm currently a new customer with Dish Network and I freakin love it. I watched the Cubs game yesterday on WGN in HD and I never had WGN HD with my Digital reciever with Cableone and I was paying more with Cableone's Digital service compared to Dish Network. I'm paying less for Dish with more HD channels than what Cableone's Digital package had.

Looks like both Direct TV and Dish Network have the ESPN College Gameplan Package for $115. From what I've heard if you want to watch a lot of sports go with Direct TV but if you like to watch movies go with Dish. Dish is cheaper in price and the only reason I would've picked Direct TV is for the NFL package but I'm more interested in the ESPN College Gameplan than the NFL Package and plus I get more movie channels.

I have more family members and friends using Dish Network around the Siouxland community than Direct TV. I only know two people using Direct TV one being a guy from work who just got it installed three days ago and my uncle who has had them for 3 years. My uncle has been thinking about getting Dish now too. He's thinking about switching because he's had the NFL Package for 2 years and last year they (Direct TV) wanted him to pay an extra $100 for all the games to be presented in HD which would bump the price up to $500. The first year he got the NFL package he paid like $400 for it and Direct TV said that all the games would be presented in HD but there was always 2 or 3 a week that weren't presented in HD. The 2 or 3 games that were not presented in HD were mostly the games that started at the 4-5pm central time frame.

My Parents had Direct TV and then switched to Dish because it was cheaper and you got your local channels. I think with Direct TV you have to get an antenna or something like that. Right now I'm getting Cinemax for only a penny extra a month since I am registered for my payments to come out automatically.

I wasn't for sure on which Satellite provider I wanted because both had good and bad things but in the end Dish was the one that had what I was looking for. I have the Gold package that comes with over 250 channels plus I got the Gold TurboHD package too with over 70 HD channels. HBO and Showtime are free for the first 3 months and after that you have to pay $22 extra a month but I have Cinemax for only a penny extra for a year. Life is Sweet. I'm thinking about getting the ESPN College Gameplan package too.

Sorry so long. If you have any questions just ask.

Kstatehater I was just in your shoes not to long ago. I had Cableone and they freakin sucked especially their Pay Per View service. I'm currently a new customer with Dish Network and I freakin love it. I watched the Cubs game yesterday on WGN in HD and I never had WGN HD with my Digital reciever with Cableone and I was paying more with Cableone's Digital service compared to Dish Network. I'm paying less for Dish with more HD channels than what Cableone's Digital package had.

Looks like both Direct TV and Dish Network have the ESPN College Gameplan Package for $115. From what I've heard if you want to watch a lot of sports go with Direct TV but if you like to watch movies go with Dish. Dish is cheaper in price and the only reason I would've picked Direct TV is for the NFL package but I'm more interested in the ESPN College Gameplan than the NFL Package and plus I get more movie channels.

I have more family members and friends using Dish Network around the Siouxland community than Direct TV. I only know two people using Direct TV one being a guy from work who just got it installed three days ago and my uncle who has had them for 3 years. My uncle has been thinking about getting Dish now too. He's thinking about switching because he's had the NFL Package for 2 years and last year they (Direct TV) wanted him to pay an extra $100 for all the games to be presented in HD which would bump the price up to $500. The first year he got the NFL package he paid like $400 for it and Direct TV said that all the games would be presented in HD but there was always 2 or 3 a week that weren't presented in HD. The 2 or 3 games that were not presented in HD were mostly the games that started at the 4-5pm central time frame.

My Parents had Direct TV and then switched to Dish because it was cheaper and you got your local channels. I think with Direct TV you have to get an antenna or something like that. Right now I'm getting Cinemax for only a penny extra a month since I am registered for my payments to come out automatically.

I wasn't for sure on which Satellite provider I wanted because both had good and bad things but in the end Dish was the one that had what I was looking for. I have the Gold package that comes with over 250 channels plus I got the Gold TurboHD package too with over 70 HD channels. HBO and Showtime are free for the first 3 months and after that you have to pay $22 extra a month but I have Cinemax for only a penny extra for a year. Life is Sweet. I'm thinking about getting the ESPN College Gameplan package too.

Sorry so long. If you have any questions just ask.

I have had both and am currently with Directv. Personally i like Dish better. Their technology is far better than Directv. The menu and just the whole setup of Directv is not as neat as Dish. With Dish if you have 2 tvs you only need 1 box. With Directv you need a box for every TV, also if you want to watch a show and record a show at the same time they have to drill a hole through your house to add another line where as Dish can run off one line. Another nice thing about Dish is the fact you can watch something you recorded on any of your TVs because it only takes one box where as with Directv if i record something in my room i cant watch it in the living room later and vis-versa. Another thing i found out the hard way is that with Directv if i want Foxsports (the station NU usually plays on) i have to pay for the sports pack. Where as with Dish it was included in my original programing and was cheaper. I will be switching back to Directv after my contract is up.

One thing to consider if you're going to go with Dish Network and if you have a LCD Flat Panel TV too.

Dish just hooked my Dish up on 7/18/09 and got everything working fine but the remote wouldn't work with the reciever downstairs but the one upstairs worked. They worked on it forever and finally decided that I had a bad receiver. They shipped me another receiver within 3 days and I hooked it up and same problem with the remote. I called Dish and had a tech guy come out and look at it two days later. He showed up this past thursday and installed a new receiver and still couldn't get the remote to work.

Dish knows about this problem and its something to deal with the LCD TV puts out Compact Fluorescent (CF) lights or something like that to interfer with the remote. The remote would work if you placed it face to face onto the receiver but once you got a good distance away it wouldn't work. We shut off the TV and then turned the channel from about 10ft and turned the TV back on and it worked like a charm. The tech guy ordered me the older model of this exact same receiver since this newer version is giving me problems.

I'll find out what model this receiver is and I'll find out what new receiver I'm getting to let you all know.

EDIT: My receiver that I have now is the vip722 and the one the Tech guy ordered me is the vip622.